Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some new wheels. More then likely 18's. The brand will either be Velox or Work wheels. The only thing i cant pick out is color. I have it narrowed down to Hyper Black with a polished lip or Gunmetal with the polished lip or perhaps bronze. Which do you think would look best on an Onyx Black Sport?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i don't like black on black, go gun metal with a polished lip

·
Registered
440 Posts
i don't like black on black, go gun metal with a polished lip
[/b]
WORD :yesnod:!! Black on black looks great for some cars, but I just haven't seen it work to my liking on a 6 yet. It could have been the particular wheels, but in general I think gunmetal, hyperblack, hyperdark, or simply silver are better choices overall, and polished lip fo sho.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
As a fellow Onyx Black owner, I'll give you my three cents:

Anything black, hyper-black, gunmetal, etc is cliche (band-wagon) for me (just browse through everyone else's rides....you'll see more than your fair share of them).

So I opted to go against the grain and get a polished (hyper silver) rim.

Chrome wheels tend to set the car off even more, but are too blingy for me.

I do encourage you to look at other onyx black 6's, either on our forum (garage) or on cardomain. Form your opinion from what you see.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mine is Onyx Black as well and I will be going with polished silver / machined metal style color when I finally find the wheel I like...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
JTZako
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing