Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May sound kinda dumb to most, but theres nothing better than starting your day with a 4th gear 3k to 6k rip on the on-ramp every morning :drive:

I think my next favorite is 2nd, but that gets a bit scary at wot around turns :hoho:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would have to say 2nd or 3rd on the REALLY curvy roads.....
and 3rd or 4th on the semi curvy roads...

lol

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I would have to say 2nd or 3rd on the REALLY curvy roads.....
and 3rd or 4th on the semi curvy roads...

lol
[/b]

im sad. i havent found my fav yet. only had the car 3 days.. i think its 2-4th though. yes im greedy i pick 3 gears instead of 1

·
Registered
862 Posts
im sad. i havent found my fav yet. only had the car 3 days.. i think its 2-4th though. yes im greedy i pick 3 gears instead of 1
[/b]

I've had mine about the same time, but if I had to choose I would say 3rd. Great for merging onto highways

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've had mine about the same time, but if I had to choose I would say 3rd. Great for merging onto highways
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does Neutral count? ;)

I like going into second just right to get maximum sound effect from the CAI when people are walking around in the middle of the aisle of a parking lot on their cell phone.

·
Registered
358 Posts
1st Almost pulls too hard. I for the most part avoid WOT in 1st, it's just so rough on everything, especially when you let off to shift.

2nd is good fun, pulls like hell, but doesn't last very long

3rd is probably my favourite, pulls almost as hard as 2nd, but the speedo moves much faster :D

4th is what I do most of my cruising in, surprising how much torque it has even down low in this gear.

5th & 6th are basically a mix of me being surprised how fast I am accelerating, while at the same time starting to fear for my life :drive:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
1st Almost pulls too hard. I for the most part avoid WOT in 1st, it's just so rough on everything, especially when you let off to shift.

2nd is good fun, pulls like hell, but doesn't last very long

3rd is probably my favourite, pulls almost as hard as 2nd, but the speedo moves much faster :D

4th is what I do most of my cruising in, surprising how much torque it has even down low in this gear.

5th & 6th are basically a mix of me being surprised how fast I am accelerating, while at the same time starting to fear for my life :drive:
[/b]
Accurate description, I am always shocked at how hard this car pulls at 3K rpm in 6th....

3rd is my favorite...

·
Registered
209 Posts
3rd to 4th transitions on backroads between 5500 - 4500rpm WOW repeat after me "this car is superglued to the road!!!"

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
second by far is my favorite it scares the hell out of everyone who has never ridden in a 4wd sports car .no one ever see's it coming :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
definately 2nd....pulls the most and i can really hear the injen cai and ses exhaust!!!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
All gears, for example.......2nd or 3rd gear while making a wide turn is awesome. I love 1st gear when taking off from a stop light and blowing people away, "How do u light my tail light?" lol :nana: U got to luv that turbo!! Woooooo :D hooooooooooooooooo :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with most, 2nd gear is by far the best. Especially in AX events. I can just lay on accelerator and all four tires coming burning out of the corners.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i agree with the 3rd gear peeling thru off ramps :drive: ... but i also love cruising and weaving in and out of traffic in 6th without having to downshift :seeya: . really great for gas since i do mostly highway driving and also have been getting 325 - 380 miles per tank.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Reverse.
[/b]
This is kind of funny because I was thinking this when I read the title...

I don't know how many of you have reversed a good little distance in reverse... but the turbo spools very fast and the car is suprisingly controllable :)

Other than that.... 3rd is definately the best for watching the Speedo move...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts