Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, since I just bought a MS6 GT a few weeks ago. (I bought a Titanium Gray with a sunroof for $25k - couldn't pass up a car like this for that price!)

I really like the keyless feature, but I keep setting off the alarm! I did a search for my particular issue, but didn't see the same specific issue discussed.

When I try closing the windows with the request switch (after getting out of the car) the windows won't close all the way unless I keep holding the botton until they fully close, but then the alarm goes off!?!?! Also, it seems that I need to stay next to the car for 4 or 5 seconds for the car to lock (I've even tried replacing the battery in the keyless card) but sometimes I forget and walk away before it locks. When I return to the car and hit the request button and unknowingly lock the doors(since it didn't lock originally), the alarm sometimes goes off when I try opening the door. Also, my kids constantly set off the alarm, since they do not understand the phrase "wait until I unlock the doors" before they go yanking on the handles.

I also set the alarm off at the car wash the other day, since the car automatically locked and set the alarm. I was just spraying the dirt off the car and "HONK HONK HONK HONK" :swearin: After the 2nd time I finally just opened the door and threw the card on the seat, closed the door and finished washing the car.

The other annoying thing is that when I use the remote card to put the windows down, they stop after only going down a few inches - I can get them all the way down, but I have to repeatedly hold down the unlock button - and sometime that sets the alarm off :swearin:

I had a local mazda dealer enable the automatic lock feature, but now it seems to be more of a PITA than it's worth. I don't have the shock sensor option but it sure seems to act like it! Am I doing something wrong, or am I getting to the age where I just don't understand technology

·
Registered
201 Posts
It sounds like you may have the optional shock sensor installed on your car and the sensitivity is adjusted too high. If that is the case you should find it behind the drivers side kick panel. It has a small white knob used for adjustment and an LED that indicates when a shock would have triggered an alarm.

As far as your comment about having to "hang around the car" for 4 or 5 seconds before it will lock... I have noticed this on mine from time to time as well.

I will comment that I noticed problems started arising more regularly as my batteries got older. Even though your car is new, you might try swapping it. There is no telling how old the batteries in your remote really are.

Hope that helps.

BTW: Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
237 Posts
It sounds like you may have the optional shock sensor installed on your car and the sensitivity is adjusted too high. If that is the case you should find it behind the drivers side kick panel. It has a small white knob used for adjustment and an LED that indicates when a shock would have triggered an alarm.

As far as your comment about having to "hang around the car" for 4 or 5 seconds before it will lock... I have noticed this on mine from time to time as well.

I will comment that I noticed problems started arising more regularly as my batteries got older. Even though your car is new, you might try swapping it. There is no telling how old the batteries in your remote really are.

Hope that helps.

BTW: Welcome to the board!
[/b]
sweet, I was wondering why my alarm NEVER went off...not that I really want it to but maybe the sensitivity needs adjusting. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the little watch battery in the keyless card, but didn't notice any change at all, I figured it needed to be replaced since the car was built in November 2005, but there's really no change to how the car responds to the keyless card.

I'm almost wondering if my car had the optional shock sensor installed??? It was not listed on the window sticker - only options were the sunroof and the cargo net. I can't imagine that they would install an option (either at the factory or the dealer, and not charge for it) I'll look behind the kick panel to see if there's a white knob - if so I'll definately need to turn it down, since it has even gone off the day we had high winds.

Either way, I think I may have the auto locking feature disabled since it seems to not work when I just exit the car and walk directly away.

What about the feature that opens the windows with the remote - do you need to hold the button until the windows go down all the way? Or just hold it until they start going down? Is it the same when you use the request button to close the windows?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I replaced the little watch battery in the keyless card, but didn't notice any change at all, I figured it needed to be replaced since the car was built in November 2005, but there's really no change to how the car responds to the keyless card.

I'm almost wondering if my car had the optional shock sensor installed??? It was not listed on the window sticker - only options were the sunroof and the cargo net. I can't imagine that they would install an option (either at the factory or the dealer, and not charge for it) I'll look behind the kick panel to see if there's a white knob - if so I'll definately need to turn it down, since it has even gone off the day we had high winds.

Either way, I think I may have the auto locking feature disabled since it seems to not work when I just exit the car and walk directly away.

What about the feature that opens the windows with the remote - do you need to hold the button until the windows go down all the way? Or just hold it until they start going down? Is it the same when you use the request button to close the windows?
[/b]
I don't think you need to keep holding the button to lower the windows, just a few seconds should do. Last time I lowered my windows I didn't hold the button for that long.

It does sound like you have the shock sensors. May be you should try pushing your car gently after you arm the alarm or wait till someone drives by with a big fart can. :D

The only time I had my alarm gone off was when I left my car for a minute with someone inside. The alarm was armed automatically and then she opened the door to get some air. :nono: After that, I make sure that I leave the card if I have to walk away (e.g. pay for gas) when I have someone on the car. :)

I do notice that sometimes the car doesnt beep after I close the door to indicate that the alarm is ready to be armed. I have to open and close the door again to make it work, or pull out the card and push the button. I wonder if my cellphone is interfering the signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts