Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, in the last 2 weeks there has been some great press regarding the Mazdaspeed3, and that is annoying me for sure.

Not that I begrudge anyone from enjoying a Mazda... but what really got me ticked is that in both reviews
there has been talk of Mazda coming out with performance accessories for the 3:

"bolt on exhaust" & "engine breather kit" - cost is going to be in the area of $1000.00 CAN and will result in an additionall 30 HP! - consider a 300hp - Mazdaspeed3!

Now I know that they are going to have the same engine, so these upgrades might work for us... but why now for the 3? , and what about us?

Yes, it's great that we have the aftermarket folks working hard in support of out cars. But I for one, am a little concerned for my warranty.

... and then, after that crappy software upgrade.

If it wasn't for the AWD, I might almost consider trading my 6 in for a 3...

P.S. sorry for the rant and if this belongs in the "drivetrain" section... I'm just generally annoyed...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I can say with a bit of confidence that the exhaust wouldn't fit. But I hear what your saying. The airwaves are flooded with CX-7 commercials too.

I would have to say either Mazda focuses on only one thing at a time, or... they hope for a lot of "word of mouth" advertising.

At this point it seems to me that the Speed 6 was never meant to be a huge success, maybe due to the initially low production numbers. Normally I wouldn't mind it staying that way, I do like to be different. But if it starts to hurt the aftermarket parts development than maybe not such a good thing.

I firmly believe that by next summer that at least the engine mod's will be plenty. As far as vehicle specific chassis mods and etc. it will come, It's just gonna be a waiting game. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I really belive that there are others out there that know this cars potential, and it's just a matter of time before we have more on the table.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
tons of CX-7 commercials - but havent seen a mazdaspeed6 commercial yet - except on their website! btw - a friend of mine recently drove the CX-7, after driving my speed6, (he's in the market for a family car) and he reported that the CX - 7 had massive turbo lag. I suppose its gonna be tough to get CX - 7 users as well as Speed3 users to always fill up with high octane gas.

·
Registered
104 Posts
New model = more press/media for the car. The Speed6/Speed3 are also aimed at a different demographic. I would think Mazda thinks more of the "tuner" crowd would get the less expensive Speed3, thus they are also hyping the aftermarket accessories for the car. CX-7, another newish model that Mazda is trying to thrust into the sporty SUV segment.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mazda missed the mark on the MS6. If they'd had it available before winter 05 sales would have been considerably higher.

Driving on dry roads this summer the AWD didn't provide much benefit. Now that the rain has started - the fun begins.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We did have commercials for the Speed 6 from New York Stations in 2005...but none since early 06...

I think Mazda realizes they messed up and didn't get the word out adequately on the Speed 6, and are now stuck with them...so are focusing on the Speed 3 which is cheaper in order to get them to move with perhaps a real marketing campain...I think they thought the lower numbers of Speed 6's would have sold relatively quickly and they wouldn't need to advertise them as much, now they realize the error of their thinking.

I think their major problem is the dealerships unwilling to "deal," Crap I bought a 2003 WRX in november of 2002 for $100 under invoice when they still had 2002's sitting on the lot, and that was the dealer's first offer...it took me almost an entire day to get my MS6 down to a reasonable price with tons of games and the hard sell when I tried to walk...

·
Registered
403 Posts
We did have commercials for the Speed 6 from New York Stations in 2005...but none since early 06...

I think Mazda realizes they messed up and didn't get the word out adequately on the Speed 6, and are now stuck with them...so are focusing on the Speed 3 which is cheaper in order to get them to move with perhaps a real marketing campain...I think they thought the lower numbers of Speed 6's would have sold relatively quickly and they wouldn't need to advertise them as much, now they realize the error of their thinking.

[/b]
Unh huh, just a little too late for the value of our MS6's. I'm glad I don't owe much on it, but the price discounting has sucked up all the equity I got from trading in my '02 Altima SE.

·
Registered
364 Posts
the MS3 is going to be the Civic Si for Mazda....will help gain even more traction in a competitive market that the 3 has performed well in.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Click here for Mazda's JDM tuning site for all models including MPS and Mazdaspeed3. I'm kinda digging the brown leather option on the non mazdaspeed models. I want to know why we didn't get memory seat option here. That sucks. Warning! site is in japanese with no translation but pictures are worth a thousand words. The trim selector actually shows you the accessories installed on a rendered MPS. It's cool.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What about those mods though? Why wouldnt they (except the for the exhaust) fit the 6? I assume they are just an intake, BOV, and tune. 30 more hp would be pretty nice.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I certinaly hope we get some of these options for the speed6.

If you click on that link dj petey posted. One of the screens for the speed6 says 280km/h... hmmm. So will they be offering a tune for our cars also?

If anyone could read this and give us the info! I'm interested :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts