Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get TX plates, have my car inspected, and get my TX drivers license. What order should I be doing these things in?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It should probably be:
License, inspection, plates.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I do need to get inspection before plates? I've been told they won't inspect without TX tags...

What is your experience with front tags? I really dont wanna run one!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
[/b]
It's been over a year since I've had a front plate. I've been pulled over once because of it and just got a warning. I may be pressing my luck but I still haven't put it back on. I really wish they would just get rid of the front plate law.

By the way, did anyone else hear that they are making a new drag strip near Lewisville?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
When I got my tags from Illinois to Texas the order was Inspection, Tags/Plates, License. You have to have your car inspected before you can get new plates.

[/b]
Been a couple months for me no problem.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright so pretty much license can go in any order, but I must get my car inspected before I can get plates?

How much do inspections and plates run here?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I ran my previous car for 2 years without front plates but took a big risk. The law is the law.

I guess license can wait but inspection before they issue plates.

Found this site for you:

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/new-to-texas.php

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Alright so pretty much license can go in any order, but I must get my car inspected before I can get plates?

How much do inspections and plates run here?
[/b]
Definitely read the link 6Venom sent. It tells you everything to do in great detail, with links, etc.

Inspection will be $39.50 if you're in a county that requires emissions testing (anywhere near a large city).

Registration (plates) will be a little over $60.00.

You're required to get both of them renewed on a yearly basis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts