Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this in here for my own safety, but whats the difference between the engine that goes in the automatic 6s and the manual 6s? There is a $2500 price difference between the two (the manual is more expensive), and the automatic version has a core charge of $1000. Is there any way the engine that is pulled from an automatic 6s could be put into a manual 6s? I don't see why not, but there has to be a reason I'm not thinking of.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumpsky. I thought this would be a quickly answered and shut question. I mean, I'd have to bolt up my flywheel to the engine, but the engine itself *should* be the same. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh...now I see. Thats where my problem was. Thanks.

So, what I'm primarily concerned about is, if there was a 3.0L from an ATX Mazda 6 in a salvage yard, would it work with my manual transmission? The only reason I ask is when I went to www.car-part.com to look it up, and specified manual transmission vs. auto I got different results, and the automatic versions are within the state of Ohio, as opposed to having to get it shipped. I'm just a bit perplexed over it, but again, I may be looking over the obvious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.