Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this in here for my own safety, but whats the difference between the engine that goes in the automatic 6s and the manual 6s? There is a $2500 price difference between the two (the manual is more expensive), and the automatic version has a core charge of $1000. Is there any way the engine that is pulled from an automatic 6s could be put into a manual 6s? I don't see why not, but there has to be a reason I'm not thinking of.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumpsky. I thought this would be a quickly answered and shut question. I mean, I'd have to bolt up my flywheel to the engine, but the engine itself *should* be the same. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I can't think of any reason why they would be different, but at that price difference there's gotta be something. Maybe not so much with the engine, but perhaps with what comes with it. Are you sure you're just looking at short blocks?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh...now I see. Thats where my problem was. Thanks.

So, what I'm primarily concerned about is, if there was a 3.0L from an ATX Mazda 6 in a salvage yard, would it work with my manual transmission? The only reason I ask is when I went to www.car-part.com to look it up, and specified manual transmission vs. auto I got different results, and the automatic versions are within the state of Ohio, as opposed to having to get it shipped. I'm just a bit perplexed over it, but again, I may be looking over the obvious.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Your best bet might be going to your local dealer or perhaps PM Sabrina and see if there's different item numbers for the short blocks.

I can't think of any reason why the shorts would be any different, but I'd hate to see you blow a couple three grand and get something that won't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts