Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Atenza Sport Wagon with about 8000 K/M. It has gotten alot hotter here being summer is on the way, usually about 85F during the day, and I have noticed that my radiator fan has been running strange. It seems that when I have the A/C on, the fan will come on and off, it would run for about 20-30 seconds, then turn off for about 5-10 seconds, then come on again, and keep doing this. And it runs at a pretty high speed. Recently I did a high speed run (up to 180 K/PH) and slowed down again and then went that fast again, I stopped right after that and it didnt seem like any fans where on at all. I would think that on a 90 degree F day it would have heated the engine up enough to at least run the fan fast but it didnt. So whats up with our radiator fans? I would feel more comfortable if I knew that the fans where running more than it seems like they do, it usally seems like only one is running and at a veeeery low speed...Any insight on this guys? THanks!

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
IG SW ON OFF Below 95°C {203°F} Fan stops
IG SW ON (Idling) OFF Below 95°C {203°F} Fan stops
IG SW ON (Idling) ON* Below 95°C {203°F} 6.9V-12.1V
IG SW ON (Idling) OFF Above 100°C {212°F} 0.6V-14.6V

Sounds like your fan controller could be going. It should stay pretty consistent when you have the AC on, unless the car is begining to overheat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 06 Atenza Sport Wagon with about 8000 K/M. It has gotten alot hotter here being summer is on the way, usually about 85F during the day, and I have noticed that my radiator fan has been running strange. It seems that when I have the A/C on, the fan will come on and off, it would run for about 20-30 seconds, then turn off for about 5-10 seconds, then come on again, and keep doing this. And it runs at a pretty high speed. Recently I did a high speed run (up to 180 K/PH) and slowed down again and then went that fast again, I stopped right after that and it didnt seem like any fans where on at all. I would think that on a 90 degree F day it would have heated the engine up enough to at least run the fan fast but it didnt. So whats up with our radiator fans? I would feel more comfortable if I knew that the fans where running more than it seems like they do, it usally seems like only one is running and at a veeeery low speed...Any insight on this guys? THanks!
[/b]
I live in south florida (really hot here), my 2006 does the same exact thing.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
What's the deal with your Lemon Mazda? you have problems all the time....

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have an 04 I bought from a dealer and I notice that in the warmer days here in IL 90+ days with 100% humidity with my AC on the fans go on for a short time and then shut off...then go on again..just like stated above.

2 years and the thing is going out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
After I shut my car off my fan acts real crazy, speeding up and slowing down, stopping and then starting again. When its running it seems like the fan is really loud. I've only had this car since march so this is my 1st Tennessee summer. its an 04 and it just seems like something isn't quite right.

It's all weird...our cars are possessed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
kpjimmy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing