Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt really know whether to put this under interior or exterior, but seeing how the tint is in the inside, i just put it in interior. Anyways, has anyone tinted their own widows, did you get professional results with no bubbles. What is the best tint kit to buy. I really dont wanna go and pay 250 dollars for something i can do for 100. thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
I didnt really know whether to put this under interior or exterior, but seeing how the tint is in the inside, i just put it in interior. Anyways, has anyone tinted their own widows, did you get professional results with no bubbles. What is the best tint kit to buy. I really dont wanna go and pay 250 dollars for something i can do for 100. thanks
[/b]
doing it professionally is worth the extra 100 dollars you're going to spend because most of them guarantee they're work with a lifetime warranty, when u do it urself u take a lot of time and it probably won't come out as good and u might screw up and have to buy new tint, so my advice save ur time and do it professionally.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, im debating on that right now, it doesnt seem hard if you can find some pre-cut tint for our windows, but if you have to cut them yourself, that sounds tough

·
Registered
233 Posts
I dont know where your thinking of getting it done, But im in alberta and i only paid 180 for my tint.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Wait a couple months. In the Winter, you can get it done for a lot less. Probably $150-175 at the same places charging $250 in the summer.

I've known a lot of people that thought that could do it themselves for less that ended up either 1> Giving up, or 2> Not liking it as much as they would a professional job. Especially if this is your first car to do it on.

You'll end up spending twice as much after you buy your stuff, have to remove it, then have the professionals do theirs.

·
Registered
979 Posts
There is no goo diy tint.. get it done by a pro then it will be good. :nono:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait a couple months. In the Winter, you can get it done for a lot less. Probably $150-175 at the same places charging $250 in the summer.

I've known a lot of people that thought that could do it themselves for less that ended up either 1> Giving up, or 2> Not liking it as much as they would a professional job. Especially if this is your first car to do it on.

You'll end up spending twice as much after you buy your stuff, have to remove it, then have the professionals do theirs.
[/b]
thanks man, i have never thought of that. Thats a good point. I think ill buy a boost gauge instead and then do the tint in the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts