Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got my car used with 65K miles on it, it just had a brand new clutch put in at the dealership. Anyways, when i start up the car it makes this noise. BUT ONLY WHEN COLD. If the car has been running it never does it... My dad says its prob the starter over spinning after the car starts... i dunno...

4mb Video 1

3mb Video 2

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
starter.

mine has done the SAME thing for the life of the car (bought it with 23 miles on it).

apparently it's clutch dust that get on the starter.

edit:

great vids, btw.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Concur. It's the starter. There is a TSB out for it. The dealership should change it out for you (if you are still under the warranty period).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Concur. It's the starter. There is a TSB out for it. The dealership should change it out for you (if you are still under the warranty period).
[/b]
No no warranty :(

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
its all good.

i'm pretty sure there nothing mechanically wrong with it. it's just an annoyance. still sucks none-the-less tho.

wait. i got it.

where do you live in ct?? i'll go get a new starter, swap it out with you, then go get a new one again.
j/k.

it'd be sweet tho. keep your chin up. it's still a great car regardless.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
[/b]

Yes, but since its caused by dust it will just come back. Its a design flaw as far as I know. Mine actually went away on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts