Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the larger 17" rims...all the other stuff is just fluff. On the Miata the sport package gets your Bilstien shocks, a tower strut brace (before it became standard); larger front and rear sway bars, and a Torsen differential. Will Mazda offer a True sports package or is it leaving that up to Mazdaspeed etc., or is the stock 6 so good it doesn't need stiffer/better suspension bitz? Just some food for thought ...whats your opinion?

~Nanda:sarc

·
Registered
319 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Whats SPORT about the sport package???'

I thought I read in the edmunds article that the sport package "includes improved handling and steering response" as it states.

However, the spec sheet does indeed list only cosmetic changes, with the exception of the performance rubber, and mentions nothing about steering and suspension tuning.

I think I like the sport package, and feel the spoiler and fascias add to the overall package, but I'm not sure about it if it doesn't really add any sportiness. However, seeing as I want the bose and such, I'm gonna have to get the sport package anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Whats SPORT about the sport package???'

Well, in my opinion, the actual "sport" should be standard equipment if the entire marketing campaign is based off of a "Zoom Zoom!!" statement. Seeing as how those that have driven the car feel that this has been done, I will refrain from criticizing.

What people need to realize is that adding numerous option packages/production variations incurs a very large cost penalty. In many cases the cost of adding a low volume option results in a loss but it is included anyway as a means of protecting the image(for instance few people may buy a track oriented sports package for a Corvette, but the car would be panned by the press if it didn't). In a car that is as price sensative as this(a few dollars/car X 500,0000); they focused on what 85% of the targeted buyers wanted. That includes a sporty car that looks conservative, and a sporty car that looks agressive.

Seeing as how there are few (any?) options in the 4-door, daily driver, affordable segment that are fun to drive, I'll take what I can get.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts