Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that lately the sides of my driver's seat are starting to have weathering cracks along the sides and I was wondering if there's anyway to treat this? I was using a Simoniz leather cleaner/conditioner, but in hindsight I should've forked out extra cash for something better. :glare:

Thanks for your help,

Dave

P.S. When I tried searching, I used "leather cracking" and ended up with "Is the Mazda6 right for me?" in the "Release/Pricing" forum (don't ask me why).

Thanks again!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would change to a 2 step leather care - separate leather cleaner and leather conditions.

You only need to use the cleaner once every 3 months or so, but the seats should be conditioned every 3 weeks or so. Use a light application and buff well to remove the excess product. In the summer time you may want to condition them more often depending on temperature and heat.

Leather develops "character lines" with use. In my MS6, the thigh bolsters seem bad for wear because they stick up so much.

There's not much you can do except keep it conditioned regularly.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think there was someone else who had this problem on here I thought I saw it posted with a picture....

·
Registered
467 Posts
There is a big difference between creases and cracks. Creases are avoidable only by not using the seat. A crack is when a crease dries out and splits.

Condition it regularly and you will avoid cracking. Otherwise, just be careful to climb over the bolster and it won't get so bad. I'm careful, and it's still creased up quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Sax Maniac
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing