Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my oil tommorow, just curious what weight you guys have had good experiences with.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Redline 5w-20 on a 12 to 15k oil change interval. I change the oil filter every 5 to 7k miles. I also use the Redline Fuel Cleaner (not that it matters in relation to oil performance). I use this car to pull my jetski in the SoCal desert heat.

I decided to pull the head cover to see how she looks after 62k miles....BEATIFULLY SHINY :cheers:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've been asking alot of people (variety of car owners) and the majority said Royal Purple was the best out with out a doubt, I was using Mobile One for the first 20k and had no problems, it is a great oil. Now midas used to carry Mobile One as there premier oil, and just today I went in and they have Royal Purple as there best oil. I drove 8k with Royal Purple and did an engine oil flush with redline and put 5w20 full synthetic RP in. At 8k was the oil was hardly effected. Now the techs at Midas say you can stretch the Royal Purple to 10k with no problem, I did not have the balls try though. In conclusion Mobile One or Royal Purple 5w20 full synthetic are probably your best choices out there, I will stick with the Royal Purple.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Use the one that tastes the best.

To compair you have to analyze how the oil is being used in the car. You arnt going to feel the oil is better. So just use a good oil like M1 and dont worry about it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I use RP 5w20 in my 2006i. I'd also HIGHLY recommend Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 or 0w20 if you can find it. The PPs are outstanding oils, as good as RP and Mobil1, but considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I lost half a quart of 5w-20 syntec afer 3000 miles. So at my own risk (and adventure) I added 1/2 quart of Valvoline VR1 SAE 50. Damn.....the engine feels smooth in this 100+ heat.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I found the new Mobil 0w-20. Can't wait to give that a try to compare the feel, since I've been using 5w-20 for the past year and half since the original 0w-20 was discontinued.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
mbrogz3000
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing