Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i forget what highway it is that u guys always do. 9 was it? im looking for a place to go this weekend with a legacy gt and a 330i. i gotto show them whos boss.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
i forget what highway it is that u guys always do. 9 was it? im looking for a place to go this weekend with a legacy gt and a 330i. i gotto show them whos boss.
[/b]

California Hwy 17 to Santa Cruz is a fun little run!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
lol....If you want a long run, you can do hwy 9, then 35, then 17.
or...9 to 35 then exit pagemill rd....there are some crazy roads there.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
California Hwy 17 to Santa Cruz is a fun little run!
[/b]
17 doesnt count because theres a ton of traffic and cops.

lol....If you want a long run, you can do hwy 9, then 35, then 17.
or...9 to 35 then exit pagemill rd....there are some crazy roads there.
[/b]
thats a pretty nice long one. my friends and i were thinking of doing hwy 84 (west of skyline) to hwy 1. the speed limit is 45 there, but the turns are 15.

·
Registered
778 Posts
u want a good run... go up mt hamilton...the best course..only downfall...hella pot holes... if u have coils or extremely low... bottoming out is what y ou'll be doing alot of...but you're not too low...but that is a extremly fun road

·
Registered
845 Posts
Take 101 north till you hit Fort Bragg Rd Its 30-45 min streach from 101 to Fort Bragg, Its got turn off lanes for slow drivers Its a drifters paradise, cops rare after 1am absolute no traffic at night. I got the best thrills out of my 6 on that road this summer.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did hwy 84. man was it fun. a little too much traffic on a sunday morning tho. better to do it at night. the car feels very neutral thru the turns. the legacy gt was understeering and the 330i fell way behind. cant wait to do it again. i recommend u guys try it. the first half has sharp turns, the second half has high speed curves. its about a 17 mile run.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yea, 84 was brutal over the weekend because of hmb pumpkin festival traffic...i drove it saturday morning...in a honda element though

cool road, but wouldn't speed through there!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
What about Hwy 12 from Fairfield to Napa, headed towards Lake Berryessa?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
hmm.....hwy 12 doesn't have that many turns...and there is always traffic...lol

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
who said anything about speeding? the speed limit is 45 mostly, 55 towards hwy 1. the turn recommendations are 15-20mph. going 45-55 through those is still obeying the law. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Any country road in sonoma county especialy around geyserville also know as drivers paridise, my private stomping ground. Until my dads job moved my family up to coastal oregon where the fastest you can go is 60mph on 101 unless the road is crowded which it always is. A word of advice if you do decide to come up to geyserville( which will be the best decision you will ever make ) and drive on Dry Creek road : DO NOT go during the day there is at least 50 bicycles on all the country roads( dam rich people ) also watch out fo the Lambos, Enzos, Aston Martins, Jags, BMWs( again dam rich people ) and any other luxoriy car I forgot to mention. Skag Springs road: follow dry creek rd up lake sonoma and make a right .The road is a drifters wet dream, it is the only road to scare the crap out of me(and I didn't even break the speed limit). Trust me after my friend and I did 90 on Dry Creek it takes alot to scare the crap out of me.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any country road in sonoma county especialy around geyserville also know as drivers paridise, my private stomping ground. Until my dads job moved my family up to coastal oregon where the fastest you can go is 60mph on 101 unless the road is crowded which it always is. A word of advice if you do decide to come up to geyserville( which will be the best decision you will ever make ) and drive on Dry Creek road : DO NOT go during the day there is at least 50 bicycles on all the country roads( dam rich people ) also watch out fo the Lambos, Enzos, Aston Martins, Jags, BMWs( again dam rich people ) and any other luxoriy car I forgot to mention. Skag Springs road: follow dry creek rd up lake sonoma and make a right .The road is a drifters wet dream, it is the only road to scare the crap out of me(and I didn't even break the speed limit). Trust me after my friend and I did 90 on Dry Creek it takes alot to scare the crap out of me.
[/b]
been there, done that. its quite a distance from the bay area tho so its not worth the drive.

·
Registered
603 Posts
been there, done that. its quite a distance from the bay area tho so its not worth the drive.
[/b]
When did u come up to Geyserville? I didn't know that anyone outside of the county let alone anyone south of windsor knew about those roads except for a Subie crew with a few bay area members.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Anybody who loves wine and is willing to off the beaten path for it knows about Geyserville. I love wine and those roads, just not at the some time.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When did u come up to Geyserville? I didn't know that anyone outside of the county let alone anyone south of windsor knew about those roads except for a Subie crew with a few bay area members.
[/b]
im a land surveyor and my territory is everything north of bakersfield. ive been almost everywhere in northern california is the last 3 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts