Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to taking some pics. Tell me what you think. My gf says i need a badge in the grill like something missing. I did my headlight bezels and got a dif grill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Girlfriends rarely support mod addicts, espeacilly when she comes over and see's you with your headlight in the oven and the other in pieces on the table. They just dont understand. I got the grill on ebay its accolade, fits pretty good , there is a small spacing between the hood and grill that annoys me but its hardly noticable. Thanks guys for the positive feedback. I found a gunmetal colored mazdaspeed online im gonna throw on for the final touch

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I got the grill on ebay its accolade, fits pretty good , there is a small spacing between the hood and grill that annoys me but its hardly noticable.
[/b]
Yeah I noticed the space, that would bother the sh*t out of me, but I'm practically OCD so...

Looking good tho man, the MS emblem will definitely make it look even better.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
when i first glanced at the pic i didnt notice the gap, now that you say theres a gap i do see it. Im right there with ya JDMatenza. HAHA and my girlfriend hates my car because she thinks i like it more than her. Although some times car prioritys come before girls =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got around to taking some pics. Tell me what you think. My gf says i need a badge in the grill like something missing. I did my headlight bezels and got a dif grill
[/b]
Excellent mod.

Question for you though. Where did you get those 2 plugs for the license plate mount?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Fitment looks kinda off, especially in that angle pic, but that's always the case with that kind of grill. I personally don't like that style at all. Bezels are great though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i love the grill, then again i'm partial because i have the same one.

get some chrome-tipped directionals, the amber-colored ones detract from the look, imo.

otherwise, your ride looks good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
looks pretty sweet, but for some reason, I agree that it looks like theres a space in there, add a mazdaspeed emblem, but thats just me, totally up to you, but at least i know there are a few members here that agree with me so far.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
This is off topic, but where did you get the caps to fill the holes for the front license plate? I went to my local dealer and they gave me some bullshit answer about why they don't have them. But I need to get some, the holes are annoying me like crazy.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
This is off topic, but where did you get the caps to fill the holes for the front license plate? I went to my local dealer and they gave me some bullshit answer about why they don't have them. But I need to get some, the holes are annoying me like crazy.
[/b]

Could try the local hardware store and look for screw hole fillers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just went out and picked up some christmas tree insert plugs (any auto store has them) and then painted them with some touchup paint. I used some of that spray that eats at the paint to make sure they stick, but works like a charm. I just ordered the mazda speed badge and some chrome bulbs for the turn signals. I dont really think there is anything i can do about that space. Im gonna try to refit it see if i can move it a little more up some how with some spacers or grommets. Question also for you guys. I have the metal mesh in the accolade grill should i do the lowers in the mesh as well?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I just went out and picked up some christmas tree insert plugs (any auto store has them) and then painted them with some touchup paint. I used some of that spray that eats at the paint to make sure they stick, but works like a charm. I just ordered the mazda speed badge and some chrome bulbs for the turn signals. I dont really think there is anything i can do about that space. Im gonna try to refit it see if i can move it a little more up some how with some spacers or grommets. Question also for you guys. I have the metal mesh in the accolade grill should i do the lowers in the mesh as well?
[/b]
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah it would look good to match it all up.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Girlfriends rarely support mod addicts, espeacilly when she comes over and see's you with your headlight in the oven and the other in pieces on the table. They just dont understand. I got the grill on ebay its accolade, fits pretty good , there is a small spacing between the hood and grill that annoys me but its hardly noticable. Thanks guys for the positive feedback. I found a gunmetal colored mazdaspeed online im gonna throw on for the final touch
[/b]

GF : Hi honey , What's cooking ?

BF :
DOH !

GF :

BF :
I DID !

BF & GF :

BF :

GF :

BF to GF :

I noticed the gap right away ..... if you wish you can lessen the effect by painting it black ;) and continueing on the black theme matching your headlights .... and all the other stuff thereafter

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I always felt that these badgless grilles look funny because there's too much of a gap of black space, and the edges are too chunky.

If it center black portion wasn't so thick, and a little slimmer I think it would look good.

I ended up going with this one which I think looks cleaner... compared to the stock sport grille and these jdm grilles.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=709884

1 - 19 of 19 Posts