Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed the "Bob Penkhus Mazda-Volvo" badge from my 6 today. I always wondered why they put it on top of the "Mazda6" badge instead of the other side of the trunk, which has nothing. Now I know.

Under the badge was a nice scratch that was conveniently covered up. Me and they gonna have a couple words on that next time I get some oil changed. :nono:

·
Registered
313 Posts
i hate seeing those, especially the carmax ones.

they really have no right to put them on there anyways, it's not like dealers are selling the cars for cheap.

keep your damn dealership names on the plate frames so we can take them off easily.

*i'd call them up rather than wait for the next oil change, and talk with the person that sold it to you and the manager.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i made my dealer take theirs off before i would take delivery

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Haha, when I bought my car from bob penkhus I told my salesman that before I took the car I wanted alllllllll the dealer badging and stickers removed... But I was in luck cause the car was brought down from another dealership that didnt do badging so I didnt have to worry bout it. But ya, i know what you mean with Penkhus, I hate the large logo they put on it

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't even a sticker. It was a badge, put on with 3M tape.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm pretty sure there are rules.. laws.. and protections for consumers against such things.... Granted they could blame your removal caused the scratch... And its pretty rare thing for a scratch to be exactly where a badge would be put...

But like above poster said... Its advertising... and unless they are paying you money one way or another... Don't stand for it....

Dumb idea anyway, i've never seen a car and said OMG I HAVE to go to that dealer to get one! Mazdas, Hondas, BMW's... all the same no matter which dealer you go to.... Only differences are price and possibly "options"

·
Registered
792 Posts
I did the same thing as well. I made the salesman take the license plate frame off too upon delivery. Well, actually I had to "help" him because he was that incompatent.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, next time I'll have them do it. That's crapola.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I made sure there were no dealer sticker / emblems on the car when i took delivery.
However, there were dealer plate covers when i went there to get the car. I made them take those off and give them to me, then I bought myself some black ones. I sanded and spraypainted the dealer ones chrome and gave them to my sister for her civic. haha

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, the plate frame disappeared on day one. Replaced with my Buffalo Bills frame.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah, but when some dealership puts the front license plate, some will do it properly, and drill the screws into the front bumper. that blows.

also, for folks around the clt, nc area, knows of town and country ford. they drill three little screws into the dealership's star shaped emblem, right onto the car. ouch, my dad bought his stang there, i know. luckily, i bought my stang from hilbish ford, so it was just a little sticker which i peeled off.

in fact, i'm blessed. i've owned a stang, an accord, a p'finder, and 4runner, and a 6 and they all come with easy to peel decals/stickers.

nothing ruin the look of a car than scott clarck's toyota city on your car.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The Freeman Mazda badge looked like crap anyway. It's a dull brushed silver badge they put right over the chrome Mazda 6 badge. It came right off. Didn't even leave any adhesive on the car. I stuck it on the freezer in my garage. They aren't paying me to advertise for them so the badge must go.

My wife loves CarMax. Why? I don't know. Everything is overpriced by $1000+. (in fairness, they did give us about $1000 more than I expected for her Eclipse GT) But they use those die cut vinyl stickers. I had to work that crap off with an old credit card, a can of WD40, and wash and cleaner wax all that crap off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
18 Participants
Raynman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing