Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally created my Youtube Channel because of the lack of Mazda 6 content on Youtube. With that being said, what are some content/video ideas you guys would like to see? I will try my best to make them or make something comparable.

Future Videos (in the near future)

Coilover Install (Godspeed most likely)
Axleback Exhaust to Catback (Corksport)
Stainless Steel Brake Line Installation (Stop Tech)
OV Tune Process (this one I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be doing)

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's awesome. Highly recommend the OVTune in case others haven't yet :)

One thing that is sometimes absent from youtube reviews is the combination of quantitative+qualitative test data. For example, if you were to tune, it would be interesting to see the changes in 2nd gear pulls from 2500RPM - 6500RPM, city driving throttle response by measuring XX% throttle input (using a stop behind the accelerator) and the resulting acceleration before/after, the time it takes and perhaps AFR or fuel consumption tests before and after.

I could see also braking tests, perhaps measuring or explaining changes in braking force required before/after installing stainless steel brake lines or new rotors, when gently stopping from 60 mph in exactly 100/200 yards etc.

Another thing could be your body's acceleration results for ride comfort measurements (use your smartphone accelerometer) over a certain bump at xx mph before and after changing the suspension.

Just some random suggestions Feel free to use any or discard them all.

·
Registered
646 Posts

One thing that is sometimes absent from youtube reviews is the combination of quantitative+qualitative test data. For example, if you were to tune, it would be interesting to see the changes in 2nd gear pulls from 2500RPM - 6500RPM, city driving throttle response by measuring XX% throttle input (using a stop behind the accelerator) and the resulting acceleration before/after, the time it takes and perhaps AFR or fuel consumption tests before and after.

I could see also braking tests, perhaps measuring or explaining changes in braking force required before/after installing stainless steel brake lines or new rotors, when gently stopping from 60 mph in exactly 100/200 yards etc.

Another thing could be your body's acceleration results for ride comfort measurements (use your smartphone accelerometer) over a certain bump at xx mph before and after changing the suspension.

I'm interested with the OVTune. All I have is the Dyno results and I'm curious as how the tune is done in incremental manner.

I wanted to compare acceleration time versus stock but I got lazy to pursue it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Super good recommendations, I will definitely try my best to put these ideas into videos! It's a bit difficult for the quantitative data since I don't really have any tools to measure it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested with the OVTune. All I have is the Dyno results and I'm curious as how the tune is done in incremental manner.

I wanted to compare acceleration time versus stock but I got lazy to pursue it.

That was actually one of the ideas I wanted to film. A stock 0-60 and a tuned 0-60!

·
Registered
646 Posts
That was actually one of the ideas I wanted to film. A stock 0-60 and a tuned 0-60!
Perhaps you can start right now. You make a video of the stock tune then later do the OVTuned. After that, you can now edit the video and make a side-by-side comparison.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps you can start right now. You make a video of the stock tune then later do the OVTuned. After that, you can now edit the video and make a side-by-side comparison.

Yup I just found the perfect road to do so, thanks again for the suggestion!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts