Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what type of projecor would fit into the integrated fog location. I was pondering the idea of retro fitting some IS300 foglight projectors (Yellow glass) into our foglight location. Anyone got anything to say about this?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You talking about putting the film directly on the projector?

Cause if so, im fairly confident that it would melt...

I'm talking about the projector on the right.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
getting the factory integrated fogs would cost quite a bit of money. i remember seeing some projectors that could be used in the fog light pod, but can't seem to remember off the top of my head as to what kind they are. let me look around and see if i can find them again.

IIRC, a member has done this already, just can't remember who.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
our integrated fog light uses bosch mini h3... they sell them in hidplanet...

Max Outer Diameter = 2 3/4"
Lens Diameter = 1 1/2"
Max depth = 3 3/4"

taken from hidplanet:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to clarify, i already have integrated fogs, im juyst interested in swapping them out for some yellow projectors (NOT BULBS).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ohh i thought u didnt have the integrated fogs...

if u r thinking of changing them... then i suggest u look for projector that has the maximum dimensions of:
Max Outer Diameter = 2 3/4"
Lens Diameter = 1 1/2"
Max depth = 3 3/4"

i m not sure if u can go exceed those/... for lens, i guess u have to dremel the bezel... for depth, i dont think u can go exceed that....

or if u can find a seller who sells the yellow lens, probably u can swap it with ours... it';s a nice outcome, but i dont think it worths the works... if i were u, i would probably just tint the lens yellow (if u just wanna go for the JDM looks) and get the yellow tinted bulbs...

if u go for output, go tint the lens (or get yellow lens) and get 3000K HID kit... but beware though, H3 is much shorter than D2S, so rebased HID bulb might be too long, and the focal point wont be maximize... u can either use rubber washers, or find a really short H3 HID bulb.... and i m not sure if the rebased bulbs will touch the shield of the projector...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing