Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying the rain-x glass cleaner but i want to know if its safe for tinted windows and what do u guys use? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i use eagle one 20/20 perfect vision

u have to use Ammonia-free...
all of the ones u can use say "safe for tinted windows" on the front of it

·
Registered
449 Posts
Anything without ammonia works. It should say right on the bottle if its safe for tinted windows. I use a bottle of cheap stuff I got at advance on my tint. Always streak free.

damn you td9243124124, you beat me to it when i was typing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Castrol Accuvision-waterproofs the window better than anything else i've used- and it cleans.
=might not be castrol, but its in a clearly noticeable purple bottle

·
Registered
412 Posts
I asked this same question a few months ago, and a bunch of people on this board pointed me to Stoner's Invisible Glass. I have to say, this stuff is just amazing. I've never had my windows this clean. Plus, they sell it at wal-mart so its easy to find.

Just remember not to clean your windows in direct sun. I usually clean them after the sun goes down.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yup i use invisible glass.. great stuff...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i use eagle one 20/20 perfect vision
[/b]
me too. it works great on my tinted windows. i also apply rain-x to the windsheild exterior, it makes a big difference especially with heavy rain.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Stoner IG works great, but I find it tends to build up a film after a while. I starten using Meguiars NXT and couldn't be happier. It's even better thatn Stoner, IMO. But, anything w/o amonia should be fine. Just use an automotive-grade product that says it's safe for tint.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You know, I've actually switched over to Mequiar's NXT for just about all of my car care products, it would make sense to use the glass cleaner too...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was thinking about buying the rain-x glass cleaner but i want to know if its safe for tinted windows and what do u guys use? Thanks.
[/b]
I used rain-x not bad but IMO a damp towel always does the best job for me atleast.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Search next time this topic was covered 2 years ago with the same answers

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Search next time this topic was covered 2 years ago with the same answers
[/b]

2 yrs ago and they still get the :search: Thrown at them. Now, that's funny!

and it didn't come from........well, you know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
maddog20/20
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing