Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give up and buy a used POS! :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys! I am really torn here. A dealer near me has a Loaded Redfire 6s 5sp coming in soon (It's at the port now) and I can't decide what to do!

I really like both the Redfire and the Steel Gray. My wife and other people I have talked to also like the Gray. I currently have a Bright Rio Red Ford Probe (Much Redder than the Redfire). The Dealer said he could order me one exactly how I want it (Auto-Dimming Mirror is the big one I want) but that could take up to 2 months to come in. Keep in mind that the Probe is not in the best condidition after the accident.

So what do I do? Take the Red one that will be in soon, or hold out for a Red one or a Gray one that are configured exactly how i want it. (btw- the only thing missing from the Redfire is the Auto-Dim mirror, and those cool v6 tags. I would probably also get the alarm upgrade and other little stuff)

Help!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'What To Do!'

Just keep in mind...

You're stuck with whatever you get for a long time...

And you're paying a lot of money for that.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I know! I am currently carpooling to work with a buddy of mine and he says he doesn't mind. I could probably get the probe to be safely driveable again sometime this week if I don't go for it now. Plus, it would give me a little more time to save money. But then there is the other side of me that wants it now!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I give in! I voted in my own poll! I'm sure my mind will change in the next few minutes and then again in an hour and then again in a day or two, but right now I want to order the Steel Gray how I want it. At least now, I can't change my vote :D

·
Registered
262 Posts

The way I look at it is this. If you waited this long for the 6, you can wait a little bit longer to get the 6 EXACTLY the way you want it. Remember, you're investing quite a bit of money and unless you have $26,000 to throw around whenever you want, you're stuck with whatever you buy for quite some time. If you're happy with what the current dealer is trying to give you, then take it. But if you feel at all unsure about what you're buying, that's your gut instinct telling you that you're going to regret it in a few months when the EXACT car you want is sitting in the lot, laughing at you.

Believe me, I know how you feel. I almost bought a Lapis Blue 6s the other day, but it had an automatic instead of the manual I wanted. I was going to buy it, but then I thought about it and told myself "If you're questioning yourself about whether you want to buy this car so much, then don't get it. It's not what you want." So I opted to pass on it and I plan on waiting until the hatchback version comes out to buy a 6. At least I know when I get the exact hatchback version I want, I won't be regretting my purchase.

·
Registered
262 Posts

By the way Stew, which dealer in NJ did you go to? Toms River Mazda or Weisleder Mazda? I live in Tinton Falls so I went to Schwartz Mazda in Shrewsbury. The Lapis Blue 6s they had was everything I could have wanted, except that damn automatic. Grrrrr!! Ah well... I can wait for the lovely hatchback :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I checked online and the one with the Manual Redfire was at Wayne Mazda. I called them up and had a talk with a salesman. He was the one that gave me the 4-8 week leadtime on ordering one. I would prefer to buy at someplace local like Toms River or Schwartz. I test drove an auto at Toms River and the guy there was real nice. I would most prefer Schwartz because it is right near where I work, but I have been working in a different office for the last 3 months (only 2 more to go!) and haven't been able to get over there.

How were the salseman at Schwartz? It sounds like they were not to pressuring if he told you not to buy it . :) I might swing by there sometime this week.

btw - if you want to test drive a manual, they have both the 4cyl and 6cyl at Open Road Mazda in Edison on Route 1. The 4 was nice, but the 6 was weeeeeeeeeeeee! Also, I was all in for the hatchback at first as well, but the more I think about it, the less I want another hatch. (My past 2 cars have been hatches) A) the extra weight, B) It doesnt look *that* much different, C) Those damn gas struts eventually go after a while (Be it 5-6 years but still); and D) The hatch will eventually start to rattle, pretty much no way around it. Every 5-6 year old hatchback I have been in has statrted to do it. All that plus the late '03 availability put me online to get the sedan. But like you and Applejax said, It's a LOT of money and it really should be EXACTLY what you want. My only problem is now...What Color!

I told you I would change my mind! :p

·
Registered
146 Posts

The auto dimming mirror could most likely be ordered and installed by your dealer. Check with them.

·
Registered
158 Posts

First off, get the car the way you want it. If you're going to spend that much money make sure it's worth every penny.

Second, IMHO a two month wait is optimistic. I ordered my silver contrail 6s /w 5spd manual Nov 15 and the dealership still hasn't received the invoice yet. From what I've seen so far, it's almost a months lead time from invoice to actual delivery. I'm sure this will improve over time as operations improve and initial demand slacks off, but I'm very glad I didn't wait until March like I had planned.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Wait for the car you want, man. And call up Anguili Mazda, ask for John and tell him Jordan sent you, he might be able to give you a better deal.

I was deciding between the grey & red too, I happened to like the red better, and they had mine in stock. The only thing I didn't get was the dimming mirror, but I can always get that later on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts