Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this new sales deal they have going on at Mazda with crazy incentives it has occured to me...that hey any person with some whats that called...(demand...and supply something or other)... economics, if the market is being flooded with our cars lately....whats going to happen a few years down the road when it comes time for me to get rid of the 6 because my 50k warranty is up

....so i pose to you...my 6er's...what is one to do...

do I
A) Trade the car in the Mazdaspeed....yummmm or trade it in for anything else..suggestions are welcome here...
do I
B) Sell the car for like 20 grand, and see what happens after like 5 or 6 months..? (my asking price is a little high but whatever i can negociate and settle for a few less...)
or do I
C) Keep my Sexy6, and mod the shit outa here for my delight!???

my mod list...
HID retro
CP-E intake & engine mount
Exhaust
Lowering Springs
Tires/Rims
maybe some headers...if i can pull the $$$ together...

any and i mean any info here would help...please do keep this as serious as humanly possible..i know many of you will opt for option C because you dont wanna see me leave this amazing community...but i'm pretty sure we'll all be facing this issue soon if not later....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mods do not add much if anything to a cars value. Guys wanting a modified 6 are few and far between. You are asking 20k for a car with how many miles on it? My g/f is getting hers her brand new left over '05 for 21,700 out the door. This 6s is fully loaded with leather, moonroof, bose, auto dim mirror, cargo net etc. You also have an MTX which are sold for less than Auto's. I know after seeing the deal I worked out with the dealer I wouldn't pay anything close to 20k. Maybe you can find the right buyer I don't know. The current insane rebate's will not help Mazda 6 owners at all. Good for us looking to pick up a nice car on the used car market. :) You're going to make more money by pulling off the mods and selling them individually.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd imagine we're not at the point yet where the market is totally flooded with used 6's...but either way a dealer isn't going to give you enough for it. So if you are ready for a new one, sell it privately and pick up the MS6 and zoom your heart out. That sounds like a good plan actually, hmmmm....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The 6 does not appeal to everyone even though i think it looks sexy as hell. In a few years, im sure there will be less of them around, especially the ones with the good looking body 03-05 (06 is ok, but not the same thing) so I think if you can swallow the initial dealer rebates on the car, the market wont be flooded with them and they will be rarer later down the line. And yes, if you have modes, sell separately. Mods decrease the value of the car. Bad stereotype with mods... anyway. Im keeping mine until the wheels fall off. Next car will be purchased in roughly 2 years, probably the IS350 :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Do what your heart desires ;) (If that makes sense).

I myself would keep it, great car.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would get the mazdaspeed6. this will be the only year it will be released.. so i opt for the mazdaspeed6 and part out your 6 if u have the money

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing