Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a good chance that my car will be totalled.

Let's have some suggestions.

20k-25k only japanese, sedan, new or slightly used (2004+)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Used 2005 Sti.
[/b]
or a used 2005 Legacy GT if the STI is too boy-racer (or the insurance is too high).

You could also pick up a new WRX at the upper end of your price spectrum.

Those would be my choices, but I'm not about to buy another front-driver. If I was looking for a front-drive japanese car in your price range I'd be looking for a slightly-used 6-speed accord coupe or a new civic si.

·
Registered
710 Posts
New Accord EX V6 6 speed are going for around 25,300. Thats what one dealer here is advertising them at till end of month. No haggle, go and pick one out.

·
Registered
634 Posts
New Accord EX V6 6 speed are going for around 25,300. Thats what one dealer here is advertising them at till end of month. No haggle, go and pick one out.
[/b]
The target price for an EX 6-speed coupe (no nav) on carsdirect.com is 24,200. If you want fwd that's a hell of a deal.

05 Legacy GT's can be had for about 20K or less if you look around for them...that'd be my choice if my 6 got totalled.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Leg GT, WRX, MS6 or used G35.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm definately considering a used Legacy GT or an STi. The only way I'd buy a speed6 is if I could find a Grand Touring and they aren't in my price range right now.

I know about weight, but I want leather, moonroof, power seats, etc. However, I would be willing to sacrifice some of it for the power of an STi.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am definately looking for something "different". I've been extremely happy with the 6, but I want some more power, similar handling, and aesthetically pleasing. Accord doesn't fit that bill...and every person on this earth has one or knows someone who does. Not for me.

I test drove a Legacy GT last night and I've fallen in love. The only thing stopping me is my insurance company. They have yet to figure out what to do with my orphan6.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The only thing you might want to watch for in buying a Legacy now is the 07 Legacy spec B will be out soon and that thing is a serious upgrade to the current legacy with its 6 speed tranny, better suspension, and "smart drive" or whatever they call it that lets you select the 3 different driving modes.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The only thing you might want to watch for in buying a Legacy now is the 07 Legacy spec B will be out soon and that thing is a serious upgrade to the current legacy with its 6 speed tranny, better suspension, and "smart drive" or whatever they call it that lets you select the 3 different driving modes.
[/b]
its quite a bit more than he was talking about spending though....the '06 SpecB was around $33K or so...no word on the '07's yet.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have the coin for a $35k subie. I'd definately have to get a used 2005 GT. The 2006 GTs are well out of my price range too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
21 Participants
dayam6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing