Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some opinions on what my second mod should be. i dont come by a hell of alot of money ofter so i gotta make them count. All i have so far is a cp-e cai. The only thing that i can think of off the top of my head is a really nice boost gauge. Anyone else have any suggestions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just looking for some opinions on what my second mod should be. i dont come by a hell of alot of money ofter so i gotta make them count. All i have so far is a cp-e cai. The only thing that i can think of off the top of my head is a really nice boost gauge. Anyone else have any suggestions.
[/b]

I have same mod as you and my next will most likely be a boost gauge. Let me know what you decice.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For what it's worth, I agree with the boost gauge. I have an intake debated doing all of the other bolt ons, but am resigned to being patient. Enjoy the boost gauge and let the aftermarket work itself out (which is happening pretty quickly).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For what it's worth, I agree with the boost gauge. I have an intake debated doing all of the other bolt ons, but am resigned to being patient. Enjoy the boost gauge and let the aftermarket work itself out (which is happening pretty quickly).
[/b]
I think im gonna do the boost gauge. The only question is, which one? I wanna get one that will match the dash colors so the defi amber looks good. Im gonna put mine in the center a/c vent(like somebody on here has already done) what is the best boost gauge?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Any good write ups on how to mount the guage in the center AC hole? I would love to do it but with less than 1K on my odometer I really dont wanna screw anything up!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any good write ups on how to mount the guage in the center AC hole? I would love to do it but with less than 1K on my odometer I really dont wanna screw anything up!
[/b]
i dont think that there is any write-ups, but I forgot his name on here. Just search for boost gauge and you can find pictures of what he did. He says that a 60mm boost gauge fits perfectly in the A/C vent.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think im gonna do the boost gauge. The only question is, which one? I wanna get one that will match the dash colors so the defi amber looks good. Im gonna put mine in the center a/c vent(like somebody on here has already done) what is the best boost gauge?
[/b]
I started a thread a week or two ago, has some input on different gauges and what not some pics and where to get

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=59709

feel free to bring it back to life as I am still undecided :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
A boost gauge is a good idea, I'd say also a lighter wider set of wheels and tires...it will make your car faster and handle better.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm waiting to get new tires/rims when my tires are worn, get some use out of em first
[/b]
Me too, Im probably gonna get some wheels at tax return or maybe a turbo upgrade, I havent decided yet

·
Registered
651 Posts
Me too, Im probably gonna get some wheels at tax return or maybe a turbo upgrade, I havent decided yet[/b]
Once I sell the rims from my SVT, I'll have about 650 to play with...

The Delfi seems to be the way to go with the gauge as it appears to be the best match for the interior. Albeit a little pricey at 250.

Just my direction anyway...

·
Registered
778 Posts
I installed the autometer nexus gauges and they match perfect. The gauge also changes color when I hit max boost.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Too many things but too little money...so, I am stuffed :)

Seriously I don't know, EBC? Header? DDE? Wheels? Coilover?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Too many things but too little money...so, I am stuffed :)

Seriously I don't know, EBC? Header? DDE? Wheels? Coilover?
[/b]
woah woah slow down there...header? were are you getting headers?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Other mods to go with this will be a BOV and a manual boost controller...
[/b]
I would stay away from any 100% atmospheric BOV and try to get atleast a 50% recirculating. I would save my money and put it towards a full turbo back. This will by far get you the best gains out of any mod, besides tuning.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed the autometer nexus gauges and they match perfect. The gauge also changes color when I hit max boost.
[/b]
Hey man, does the sensor come with the gauge or the controller or do you have to buy it seperate. I like that you can change the colors of the nexus gauge. Do you know if the make 60mm, never mind ill just go and look at they website

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you dont have a lot of money and you want a mechanical gauge, Stewart Warner makes a nice one that fits nicely in the center vent. I did the mod and cut a flat piece of plastic as a trim piece between the gauge and the outer vent circle. The mod is pretty safe and simple.

The stewart warner guages are like 60 bucks and 10 for the tubing kit and imo the bulb supplied with the red rubber cover makes the glow about a 97% match to stock gauges :) I'm very happy with mine and I saved a bunch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you dont have a lot of money and you want a mechanical gauge, Stewart Warner makes a nice one that fits nicely in the center vent. I did the mod and cut a flat piece of plastic as a trim piece between the gauge and the outer vent circle. The mod is pretty safe and simple.

The stewart warner guages are like 60 bucks and 10 for the tubing kit and imo the bulb supplied with the red rubber cover makes the glow about a 97% match to stock gauges :) I'm very happy with mine and I saved a bunch.
[/b]
You dont happen to have a picture of it installed in your car do you? Id like to see it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts