Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time again. Time to replace the tires on my 2015 Mazda 6 Touring. 19 inch wheels. What tires do you recommend ?

·
Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
Depends on what you're going for.

I run Falken Azenis FK450 'Ultra high performance all seasons' (whatever that means) on my 20s in the summer and love them. They're excellent on dry, good on wet, and actually handled some snow better than I expected.

Are you looking for All Seasons that are more catered to snow, rain, dry, or are you going for something like a dedicated summer tire?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I am looking for all season. Living in Florida. Lots of rain.
If you live in Florida and do not travel north in other than the summer months I would buy a UHP summer tire. There's no reason to make the compromises you make with an "all season" tire if you never have a need for performance below 40F.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tickerguy has some solid advice. If you want an all-season, I’d highly recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3. I ran them on my 2015 6 and they were awesome compared to the stock Dunlop’s. Had I not put over 15k on them, I would have had the dealership move them to my 2018 when I traded in the 15, but decided that new tires would be better with the purchase.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
IF - you want a great summer performance tire - don't drive in snow - don't drive in cold temps - don't wander off road..

These have been excellent on the wife's 2018 Signature. Excellent ride and will be a huge performance upgrade for you driving on the road. First set of Firestones I've ever owned and will probably buy these again when they wear out in a couple more years.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Mazda&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Mazda6&autoModClar=Touring&width=225%2F&ratio=45&diameter=19&sortCode=57259&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too am on my second set of Continental DWS 06 and am very satisfied. Who knows, you might want to visit the great white north, if not I'd go with the summer skins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't want to high Jack the thread but I was wondering the same thing on a 2018 touring. My tire shop recommended continental sure contact for comfort and noise.. any thoughts? Any experience with these?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It can get cold here in Florida too with temps in the 30s when a bad cold front blows through and the windchill factor when you consider moisture in the air.

I was contemplating summer tire vs A/S and decided on the A/S because of the possible winter temps. I'm recently bought General G-Max AS05. So far theyre pretty good in the wet.

Go to tirerack.com for a review and comparison

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am STILL loving the BFG Comp2 A/S
After 22k on these tires, they still grip the road, and handle well in the rain
I could NOT say the same for the OEM Yokos

·
Registered
369 Posts
I put General Altimax RT-43 2+ years back and drove about 23K miles. They are pretty good in snow (Northen Virginai), rain and dry summer days.

·
Registered
521 Posts
How long are a set of tires lasting for you guys ? My original Dunlops wore out at ~30k and they were deafeningly loud at the end of their lives.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I had a set of BFG Comp2/ASs on my '15 Sport (different size, but same tire) and liked 'em right up until they got toward being worn out. Then they got quite loud and had crap for traction. I got ~45k miles out of a set -- not fabulously great, but about what you expect from a high-performance tire.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts