141 - 160 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza GIII, 225/50R16.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BF Goodrich Traction T/A - here in Nebraska, I need something that will work in the snow!!! :burnout:

The original Michelins were done in one and a half years. Not meant for the weather here in the midwest. Bad tires!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the stock Michelins too. I like them so far but I only have 2,500 miles on them. They look nice with the stock rims. I'd like to know those of you who drive in snow what tires you prefer, as I have a bad feeling that these Michelins will not fare well in snow. Hey, to rygolf25, good to see another Nebraskan on the board. There's a few of us!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the stock Michelins too. I like them so far but I only have 2,500 miles on them. They look nice with the stock rims. I'd like to know those of you who drive in snow what tires you prefer, as I have a bad feeling that these Michelins will not fare well in snow. Hey, to rygolf25, good to see another Nebraskan on the board. There's a few of us!
[/b]
Welcome to the club. You'll find several winter tire threads on here. For winter I run stock 16" steel rims with Nokian RSIs, size 205/60R-16. That combo works very well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I currently have the stock Pirelli 215/45R18 P-Zero Nero M+S on mine.

I just took my car to the dealer for service and a guy in the service department said that my tires will last maybe 25,000!!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!?! Is that true, that in 10,000 miles I'll have to buy all new tires? If so, this is crap!

What do you recommend for a good tire that will last for longer than 25,000 miles? Don't get me wrong, I like the look of my Pirelli's and would like to keep them as long as possible but if they aren't going to last that long, screw the looks.....I need something that will last!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I currently have the stock Pirelli 215/45R18 P-Zero Nero M+S on mine.

I just took my car to the dealer for service and a guy in the service department said that my tires will last maybe 25,000!!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!?! Is that true, that in 10,000 miles I'll have to buy all new tires? If so, this is crap!

What do you recommend for a good tire that will last for longer than 25,000 miles? Don't get me wrong, I like the look of my Pirelli's and would like to keep them as long as possible but if they aren't going to last that long, screw the looks.....I need something that will last!
[/b]
Kumho ECSTA ASX. It's ultra high performance, but all season so it's reasonably practical. Good looking tire and will probably last about 40k. I got 225/45r17's for $81 a piece on Tirerack. Mad sidewall stiffness....my father has a tire mounter and a balancer and he had to use two pry bars to get it on the wheel. You can feel that strength in the turns too. Despite the stiffness it's not terribly loud on the road.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just bought Kumho ECSTA ASX 215/50/17. $83 each ($73 after rebate) with price match at Discount / Americas Tire. They will be installed tomorrow. Disapointed in only getting 21K on the Falkens that are being replaced.

141 - 160 of 564 Posts
About this Discussion
563 Replies
369 Participants
b1lk1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing