Mazda 6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Toyo Proxes T1R. They will meet your criteria, but since you only put "cost" for #2, does that mean you're looking for cheap? What is your budget?
[/b]
Looking more closely at my own post, I guess 2 and 4 are basically the same thing...I want something reasonably priced, but if I can get good performance out of a longer-wearing tire, I'd be willing to pay a little more to widen the gap 'til I'll have to buy again.

I don't think I've ever spend more than $150 on a tire, and I think that's a reasonable cap. $100 each is more commonly what I've spent, but if the T1R's have better wear, more money is ok I'm sure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i had goodyear eagle gs
got toyo proxies got rid of them in a week, worst tires ever owned, id rather buy 10 dollar unmatched tires from a junk yard than have another set of those on my car
got eagle f1 gsd3 couldnt be happier, best tires for cornering i have ever owned
good dry traction good wet traction decent snow traction
very good for high speed driving

·
Registered
898 Posts
This week, Bridgestone Potenza GIII, 225/50R16 92V on stock wheels. Sometimes I mount my aftermarket wheels shod with cheap Marshal Matracs, 235/40R17 (very noisy), but that depends on how I'm feeling that weekend :D
I found Japanese-made 17's that look exactly like stock but with an offset of 48mm. I'll be getting those and putting on a set of GIII's soon. They're amazing.

Shady

·
Registered
60 Posts
225/40/18 kumho escta spt just got them and I love them. the whole time i thought my springs were to soft when actually it was the crappy sidewalls of the stock tires. Vast improvement

·
Registered
574 Posts
bridgestone potenzas are great tires...

i like the firestone pfzs i think there called. i know they were 220 a piece for 285 45 16's
[/b]
Thats funny.. I dont like my Bridgestone Potenzas.. to each his own though.. the Michellins that came with my car were really good.. but they were around 170 a piece.. which at the time I bought tires wsa WAYY too much for my blood.. I'm gonna save up to upgrade from my measley 16's to get 18's and then get really nice tires..

·
Registered
29 Posts
BFG g-force TA KDWS NT... 225-45-17.. and THEY SUCK!!! Let me expand on that. They are VERY VERY loud, and VERY annoying. Pretty much unbearable when driving if the radio is not blairing. and when my son's in the car, i'm screwed. The handling and cornering is pretty amazing actually. Comprable to my old Yokohama AVS ES 100. But the yokos had a stiffer sidewall, and rode more comfortable. Can't wait to replace these tires. Now if noise is not a problem, i would say look into these tires... Just my 2cents...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/40/18

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my mazda 6s and they came with Triangle brand tires..anyone heard of them or know if they are any good?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I just bought my mazda 6s and they came with Triangle brand tires..anyone heard of them or know if they are any good?
[/b]
I'm not familiar with them at all. Apparently, they are a Chinese brand:

http://www.triangle-tire.com/about.htm

Don't believe that bit about being 10th largest. Toyo is ranked #10. The last global rankings that have come out (2005) had Triangle Group ranked at 14th.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
BFG g-force TA KDWS NT... 225-45-17.. and THEY SUCK!!! Let me expand on that. They are VERY VERY loud, and VERY annoying. Pretty much unbearable when driving if the radio is not blairing. and when my son's in the car, i'm screwed. The handling and cornering is pretty amazing actually. Comprable to my old Yokohama AVS ES 100. But the yokos had a stiffer sidewall, and rode more comfortable. Can't wait to replace these tires. Now if noise is not a problem, i would say look into these tires... Just my 2cents...
[/b]
Funny, I have heard these tires on many SVT Contours, and they are great on that car. I was pissed the BF Goodrich didn't make them in a 205/60/15 instead of the G-Force Sport.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge - 215/50R17 95V

·
Registered
81 Posts
Falken Zeix 512 225/50/17

When I bought the car, these tires were on it. At first, I loved these tires. Quiet ride, excellent traction, everything. Once they hit about 15k miles, they suck. They are a rough ride, very loud and the tread is about gone after 24k miles. I'm going to ride them out for the summer and then I am switching to Yokohama Avid H4S 215/45/17.

Has anyone ever used the Yokohama tires? I read a bunch a reviews and they all seemed good.

121 - 140 of 564 Posts