Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I decided to try out the Avon Tech M550's on my new 18" ASA AR1 wheels. So far they are quite good for an all season tire, especially for the price.
[/b]
Agreed. I have the exact same tire on my 17x7s. I went on a road trip up to Philly this weekend and was able to do a little fun driving on some windy roads. These tires grip MUCH better than stockies. On turns on the beltway that I would take pretty fast, I could feel the stockies starting to slip but these grip much better taking the same exact turns at the same exact speeds.

For the price, the Avon Tech M550 A/S's are very good all seasons so far.... but I havent even had them for 10k miles so I dont know how well they are going to wear.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I put yokohama Avid V4s on the 215/50 r17's stock wheels. Thats my setup.

From this (old michelen hx mx pilots)

To my curent yokohamas

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
I put yokohama Avid V4s on the 215/50 r17's stock wheels. Thats my setup.
[/b]
I'm looking into getting new treads, and these are a possibility. How are they for you, in terms of treadlife, traction (dry and wet) and noise?

·
Registered
368 Posts
In terms of treadlife, they are alright should give me the 45-50k miles that im expecting, Traction is much improved over the old ones especially in wet. Ride is a lil nicer and noise isn't really a problem, but I don't really remember how they compare to the originals in terms of noise. So far I've had the tires for about 12000 miles and they show a lil wear on outer edges, but the treads are still really deep. I like the sidewall design too :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well, the other day I got a flat tire and decided, "What a great opportunity to upgrade". After a little research on 6club and some googling, I got a set of Toyo Proxes4 225/45Z. I have the stock 17" rims on my '04 Hatch.

The difference between the Proxes4 and OE Michelins (with 27K on them) is like night and day. These Proxes4s rock. :drive:
[/b]
I have the same tires. They handle great. Mine are 18" though. 225/40/18. :yesnod:

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'm running stocks right now, whatever it the 05 i have. michelins? but i've been hooked on kuhmo ecsta 712 supras. i love that tire. my stang has it. my brother's stang has it. my wife's ex-accord had it. i've been preaching about it and most of my friends have it on their rides. and you bet, when these stock french tires wear out, i'm replacing it with some real tires, the 712's.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I currently have the Michelins it came with, but I plan on getting the Toyo Proxy 4s when it's time to add some custom wheels and new tires. I've had Toyos on 3 other cars, and those tires are great. I've never seen a Z rated tire last so long.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my Continental ContiExtreme Contact 215/50WR17 tires. They get great traction in the snow here in Cleveland, and absolutely stick to the road the rest of the year. The've endured the potholes and puddles. I've never even felt like I was close to hydroplaning with them, even in heavy rain and standing water at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Went from stock michelins > Toyo T1-s > Advan Neovas AD07 :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
stock michelin mx4 16's to federal ss595 17's.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Just upgraded to some cheapo satin finished Sport Edition E3s 17 x 7 (45 offset) rims with Kumho ecsta 711s tires. They look really good on Onyx Black. Really happy with them so far.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What tire brand do you currently have on your 6? Sorry if I missed any other brands. Just tell us what you have anyway. :)
[/b]

Bridgestone Potenza

81 - 100 of 564 Posts