Mazda 6 Forums banner
541 - 560 of 564 Posts
ive had the stock firestone GTs for awhile. they are ok but make a lot of noise and understeer like crazy once pushed. currently im on some dilante tires (toyo proxi knocks) and they are really good. wear is nice and even and they just grip once i push the car. understeer is still there however i feel more connected to the road.

favorite all season/somewhat summer tire so far is the potenza grids.

I always thought Bridgestone wasn't good!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Its like oil. It all depends who ya talk to.

So far, im very impressed with the potenzas. I dont notice tire noise as my music is usually cranked right up but they arent very loud as far as im concerned.

Blizzaks will go through just about anything. Havent got stuck yet & ive been through some deep, heavy snow with them.

Bridgestone was the first tire to perform a 1G turn :cool:

^Just got a set of those myself, love'em.

Just got new COOPER RS3-A's today

This is an interesting list and something I think about regularly for my 6. I hated the OEM Michelins. Barely got 20,000 miles on then with regular rotation and proper inflation and they were noisy as all get out. Then I tried some Goodyear Eagle F1 All-seasons. They were good for about a year, then got crazy loud and rough. Then I had the Goodyear Assurance Triple-Tread. Again, they were great for the first year or so, but the directional pattern drove me nuts.

Currently, I have Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring tires on. I love them. They're quiet, smooth, and I can still feel the road really well when I do "push" the car.

I'll probably replace them with the same tires on in 3-4 months. Can't complain about them yet.

The original set of Michelin's did OK on my 2004 6s. I got 60,000 miles on them before I had to replace them. I'm now on my 4th set of Yokohama AS530's and have been happy with them getting 50,000 to 70,000 miles per set (currently 280,000 miles on my car.).

Scott

Hankook Ventus V12 ...not a bad budget summer tire.

I hate mine...

Very glad I'm about to get them off

I was driving a Altima with a set of these on them (OEM). Got a yellow light at an intersection with a red light camera, so naturally I braked. Never have I slid so much in dry driving conditions, coming from a 35mph straight away. I didn't even slam on the brakes. Could partially be Nissan's terrible car as well...

541 - 560 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.