Mazda 6 Forums banner
521 - 540 of 564 Posts
No snow here? We got six inches last night. Hartsfield-Jackson is closed. Even my company closed today (after sending us an email on Friday which said if you're not here Monday we'll dock your pay).

funny at the time i postd there was no snow. insert foot into mouth. still they did really good for being an all season

225/45/18 Falken Ziex (whatever the F that is) and they suckkkkk. Spin out over nothing. :[
512 or 912? I was that close to buying the 912 until I changed my mind and went with new rims and new tires.I figured it be better then my current Fuzion HRi, which I do not like at all. It came with the car.

Anyways as I've got the Fuzion right now on the car and my new rims and 225/45ZR -17 Kumho Ecsta SPT are here but no car..... I won't be able to test it out until Tuesday at the earliest. Hopefully by then, all the snow will be gone. All the snows are gone except on lawns and few sidewalks.

I hope I'm not putting on summer tires on too soon........ I also hope they're as good as people say they are.....

Im pretty excited about the Conti DWS as well. I have been stalking tirerack looking at reviews, surveys, and test results for a couple weeks.
So have I!!! I'll be getting them for my stock 16" in the fall to replace my summer tires. I've read so much reviews on them and they are very good from the reviews.

I got the Contintental Extreme Contact DWS size 215/50ZR17 for my 2006 Mazda 6s, on the 17" stock rims. I am impressed by them so far, with a quiet ride and imo better handling than the Michelins. Now, I only have 35K miles on my car, and I generally don't peel out so I am quite disappointed in the quick baldness of the Michelin tires (when the shop pulled them off, they had 1/32" or 2/32" of tread life left). I have more hair on my head than these tires had tread. Hey, that rhymes!

I bought my tires at Tirerack.com for $123 each and they had a local installer that just happens to be the closest car dealer to my house, a Honda dealer. After paying for mounting, balancing and new stems I was good to go. And go I have; we have had some strong rain and so far the car has adeptly handled the deeper water on the sides of the street in a manner much unlike the Michelins did when they were new.

On a previous car I put the Yokohama Avid tires, and I liked them. I decided to try the Continental DWS based on the glowing reviews in this forum. Thank you guys for getting them before me, I feel confident driving with these on.

I got 41,500 miles out of the OEM Michelins. Putting on a set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw Tourings tomorrow. BTW, what does Tire Rack do? Ship the tires to an installer?
Yes, they can.

continental contisportcontact 3. the best tire i have ever used by far. very strong and able to withstand the terrible roads in nyc and are grippy summer rubber. i have bent wheels on kumho ecsta, toyos (i think they were t1rs) and yokohama w4s. only the cs3 have provided me adequate protection.

one thing to be sure when running plus size wheels is to increase the psi in the tires about 2-3 per inch increase in diameter.

225/40/18 Nitto Neogen great ride esp in the rain but they dont seem like they will last more than 20k miles

Finally got rid of the rear Shitelins and went with 4 new Firestone Firehawk GT GL 215/50 R17 tires. Both of my driver's side tires had nails in them. As far as the passenger side goes, the rear was the OE Shitelin and the front was a Firehawk. The front was badly worn, but was my fault for not rotating my tires. These tires have crazy grip. Will definitely be rotating these per schedule, lol. Damn things set me back $645.

Summer Bridgestone Ponteza's
Winter - Yokohama W-Drive

cooper zeon zpt 225/40/18(i daily these tires)

bf goodrich kdw2 235/40/18(these were pretty sticky)

521 - 540 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.