Mazda 6 Forums banner
501 - 520 of 564 Posts
245/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 DSST's on RX-8s, minimal fender roll, absolutely no rub.

I have a 2004 Mazda 6s Sedan, with the 6 cylinder engine. I am looking for replacement tires for my vehicle. The originals were the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 size 215/50R17/93V;
My current tires are Bridgestone Turanza LS-V size 215/50R17/95V-. I need to replace within the next couple of weeks. I was looking at the new
Continental Extreme Contact DWS --in size 215/50R17/95V or 95Z, -, MIchelin Primacy MXM4 size 215/50R17XL 93V BSW; yokohama S. Drive--215/50R-17 95W XL B;--Toyo PROXES- 215/50ZR17 95W (from what I've read I need a tire with a load rating of at least 93 and speed rating has to be V or Higher.) I'm looking for all season tires. I'm looking for a tire that handles well, and can provide decent winter traction as I live in Michigan! Which is a good tire that other people have put on their Mazda 6S's or another comparable tire that can be reccommended? Please help

I have a 2004 Mazda 6s Sedan, with the 6 cylinder engine. I am looking for replacement tires for my vehicle. The originals were the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 size 215/50R17/93V;
My current tires are Bridgestone Turanza LS-V size 215/50R17/95V-. I need to replace within the next couple of weeks. I was looking at the new
Continental Extreme Contact DWS --in size 215/50R17/95V or 95Z, -, MIchelin Primacy MXM4 size 215/50R17XL 93V BSW; yokohama S. Drive--215/50R-17 95W XL B;--Toyo PROXES- 215/50ZR17 95W (from what I've read I need a tire with a load rating of at least 93 and speed rating has to be V or Higher.) I'm looking for all season tires. I'm looking for a tire that handles well, and can provide decent winter traction as I live in Michigan! Which is a good tire that other people have put on their Mazda 6S's or another comparable tire that can be reccommended? Please help

I would go with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. They're a little soft in cornering but they make up for it in wet and snow driving. Considering you're from Michigan I'd trade the handling being a bit softer for much better snow/rain performance.

When I say "soft" it isn't like they're terrible. They give a much smoother, quieter ride. It's just the handling is a bit more soft.

i put a set of 215/50/17 yokohama avid envigors on my 2004 mazda 6 sport wagon. they were a little hard for the first couple hundred miles but after about 350 miles they were extremely smooth and quiet. they have great grip and wonderful wet traction. i love them after about 1,000 miles. i hope they are this good for a while. with a 60,000 treadlife warranty we'll see. i got a great deal at a new tire shop in town: $549 installed and out the door.

i put a set of 215/50/17 yokohama avid envigors on my 2004 mazda 6 sport wagon. they were a little hard for the first couple hundred miles but after about 350 miles they were extremely smooth and quiet. they have great grip and wonderful wet traction. i love them after about 1,000 miles. i hope they are this good for a while. with a 60,000 treadlife warranty we'll see. i got a great deal at a new tire shop in town: $549 installed and out the door.
Got a close up picture of these on your car???

On order right now are Continental Extreme Contacts DW 225/45/17 for my OZ Record Racing Rims. I ran Toyo Proxies 4 my last 2 sets but am looking for a more soft and quiet ride.
You'll get exactly what you want, and they handle great. In the rain, there's nothing like them, too. I love my DW tires in the summer. I have the stock size, though.

You'll get exactly what you want, and they handle great. In the rain, there's nothing like them, too. I love my DW tires in the summer. I have the stock size, though.
Im pretty excited about the Conti DWS as well. I have been stalking tirerack looking at reviews, surveys, and test results for a couple weeks. My car pulls to the right and even though I took the TSB to the dealer and tire discounters everyone is telling me I have tire pull. So I ordered those Conti's from tirerack they are actually shipping out today. After all the reviews, I was looking at the Yoko Avid Envigor and the Conti Extreme contact DWS. I don't drive my car really hard so I opted for the Conti as they seem to give slightly better wet tracking and quite a bit better snow traction over the envigor which gives better dry traction. Everything else being very close, I dont really care but the Conti's are also only 21lbs stock size and the Yoko's are 25lbs stock size. I am sure either tire would work for me but as a daily driver and in Ohio, we do get snow from time to time and I would rather make sure I can control my car in wet and snow than be able to drive harder when its dry as again I don't usually do often anyway.

Hopefully get them put on this weekend and give a review after I get some miles on them. I currently have the Yoko Avid V4S, great wet and dry tire TERRIBLE in the snow.

Oh yeah last thing on the DSW's I called Tirediscounters to get a price to see which would be cheaper them or tirerack. The guy at tirediscounters said no one has these in stock in the country he has been looking for a couple of his customers and the only way to fine them is online. YAY for TireRack!

goodyear eagle gt's 215/45/18. unbeleiveable grip, but no mileage warranty. highly reccomend these tires. my buddy in OH has them on his 05 v6 accord in the snow belt and he says they are great in the snow. I'm in Atl, so no snow here

What tires do you have? Conti DWS

I purchased the Contintental Extreme Contact DWS size 215/50R17/95V for my 2004 Mazda 6s, on the 17" stock rims. The have performed excellent so far in the snow. I live in the Detroit area, and we have had two major snowstorms since I had the tires put on. So far the snow traction has been excellent. I accelerated down the block last week when it was slippery with slush, snow and a little ice, and hit the brakes and stopped.:eek: I've never had a tire perform like this in the snow before. I feel very confident when the weather is bad and I am driving in my Mazda 6. These are also the smoothest and quietest tires I have ever had on any of my cars. Just the other day I was on the freeway and I look at the speedometer and I'm going 80mph!! But it didn't feel like 80. It felt like 55-60. It doesn't corner nearly as well as the old Michelin's that came with the car(the ones everyone hates Pilot HX mxm), but I will sacrifice handling for better wet traction and snow traction. Also, I purchased my tires from Belle Tire in Allen Park, MI, 48101. I went online to Belle Tire | Auto Care, Rims Custom Wheels Expert Tire Discounters, and found out which stores had the tire in stock, chose the store nearest me, ordered the tires online, and selected a time to have them installed that same day. I went at that time, the tires were already there. There were about 3 -4 people ahead of me, and it took about 1- 1 1.5 hours to get them installed. The price I paid was was about the same as it would have been if I ordered from Tire Rack, and then had them installed at a shop. But I figure why go through the trouble of having tire rack ship them and finding a place to have them installed, when I can just go to Belle Tire, which is only 2 miles from my house! I hope this review helps, and I thank one of the moderator's of this forum who steered me to the DWS. Thank you!

501 - 520 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.