Mazda 6 Forums banner
461 - 480 of 564 Posts
car DVD player online store

7 inch monitor touch High Definition (HD) screen Mazda 3 Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System Bluetooth TV

Product Description:
7 inch monitor touch screen double-Din complete car entertainment system
Compatible with DivX,MP4,MP3,multiple regions DVD, VCD, CD and CD-R/CD-RW
Built-in GPS function and Bluetooth for hands free call (play CD/DVD/FM while watching GPS navigation image)
Keys with touch sensor
OSD menu with graphical user interface
USB port and SD slots
Built in TV tuner,PAL/NTSC or SECAM compatible
Built in FM/AM tuner,OS: WIndows CE 5.0
Warranty:One year

car DVD player online store

Ever since the original Michelins were replaced after 40K, I have been through a set of Falken ZE-329 and currently on Falken ZE-912. ZE-329 lasted 30K and was an OK tire. It had better grip in the wet than the original Michelin tire and was marginal in snow. On ZE-912s I have about 11K and its doing good. Wet grip is very good, but the snow results were similar to ZE-329.
For my next set, I am going to have stop being cheap and get the Contis DWS.

quick recommendation guys since youre the tire expertises'

im looking to get new tires for my '03 Mazda6. what size are my rims? shoot me cause i dont know, ill say stock, so im guessing 16s. anyways, i NEED to get new tires and asap!!!! looking for all-season tires..i do not race, just everyday work n get around city/highway drive, i live in New York- therefore the weather here i cold in the winter (snow) and hot in the summer (rain, sleet) all that stuff...price range per tire would be between $90-110

so yea with that said, what do u guys recommend?

Get the highest-performance tire you can get. Tire Rack is a big help in indicating what's best and what most people are buying, but since you're going all-season, it's pretty much splitting hairs.

Personally, I've had very good experiences with tires from the Koreans - Hankook and Kumho. Sumitomo is great value for money too.

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo (K110), 225/45R18, to replace the Dunlop SP Sport 2050 that came stock on my second brand new 2009 JDM, which I just took delivery of Thursday morning.

The Hankooks are quite noticeably stiffer than the Dunlops, but offer much better grip and feel. The set on my other 2009 JDM are still going strong after 38 thousand kilometers.

Now the two 2009's and the Miata have the same Hankooks, and the 2005 is probably getting a set soon.

I finally need new tires on my '04 6S (215/50 R17") so I've been looking all over the interwebs for info and can't really find what would be best for all season (including snowy winters in Chicago).

Checking the Consumer Reports Buying Guide for 2009 I'm shocked to see that the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's are the top pick - NO WAY would I buy those, especially for what they sell for. I had no idea these were so overpriced.

Currently rolling on Dunlop (SP) Sport Signatures. 215/50/17. I like em.

B

QUOTE (VinDali @ Feb 18 2010, 12:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637928
I finally need new tires on my '04 6S (215/50 R17") so I've been looking all over the interwebs for info and can't really find what would be best for all season (including snowy winters in Chicago).

Checking the Consumer Reports Buying Guide for 2009 I'm shocked to see that the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's are the top pick - NO WAY would I buy those, especially for what they sell for. I had no idea these were so overpriced.[/b]
More proof that CR doesn't know a damn thing about automobiles or anything related to them.

Anyway, if you want to go all-seasons for a decent price, check out the following performance all-season tires:
BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S
Continental ExtremeContact DWS
Goodyear Eagle GT

All three tested well in Tireracks testing, and (less importantly) are decently rated in their surveys. The BFGs have been around for awhile, but the Contis and GYs are brand-new. They should offer a great balance of dry and wet traction, as well as giving you some grip when the snow flies. Each is also listed for below $125 per tire.

Another choice is the Yokohama Avid W4S. I use these as my summer tires, and they've been outstanding in both wet and dry traction, without being too loud or riding too harshly either. I don't recommend them for winter driving, because Tirerack isn't lying when they say they tested poorly in snowy conditions.

I just recently purchased a set of Kelly Fierce Instinct ZR 225/40 ZR18.

They are noisier than the Exclaims and Potenzas that preceeded them. Dry handling seems to be as good as the Generals and Bridgestones were. In rain and snow they FAR exceed the abilities of the Exclaim UHP and Potenza RE040.

They look a lot like the Goodyear Eagle GT. Being a Goodyear subsidiary it would not suprise if they have the same casing and other parts...maybe even the same compound. Like the Eagle GTs they are a little noisy.

I think I'll keep them. See if I can get used to the noise.

QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Feb 18 2010, 02:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637972
More proof that CR doesn't know a damn thing about automobiles or anything related to them.[/b]
Agreed - I let the subscription run out last year. It never was helpful on my LCD, Home Theater, Refrigerator or digital camera purchases - info was always old and useless cuz new models had already replaced recommended ones in the monthly mag (not just the buying guide).

Any way, I had a set of GY Eagle GTs put on this afternoon.

Yokahama S-Drives. I love them. Almost as good as my Potenzas that came stock with the speed. But definantely better than the Continental Extreme Contacts. i hated those tires. I run 225/40/18.

I have the Conti Extreme Contacts. I really like them for everyday driving, great traction in the snow and occasional aggressive driving. I really like the look of the tread pattern too, even though it's rarely seen. I think anything would be better than the crappy stock Michelin's!

461 - 480 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.