Mazda 6 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nitto INVO's 235/40/R18, good wet/dry and very quiet.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Mazda MX-5.
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A run flats.
205/45R17 84W.
They suck.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sumitomo HTR+ UHP All Seasons
215/50/ZR17 360 Treadwear

Grippy as hell, but i the sidewalls feel soft, could be the 91W load rating.

And one wierd thing, going over drawbridges (where they have the grating on the roadway), the tread pattern catches these grates and i feel my car shifting side to side. Its barely noticeable, and only happens over some of them, but it scared the living sh*t outta me the first time 8D

·
Registered
956 Posts
I just got Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons, 225/40ZR18's. So far, I like them great. After buying them, I read some reviews that said they didn't hold up. I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
605 Posts
QUOTE (PA-Mazdaspeed 6 @ Jun 15 2008, 09:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1369931
How do you like the Kumho Ecsta ASX's? I am thinking of getting them in the fall. Would like to get some feedback. Thanks in Advance.[/b]

Sorry i didn't see your reply sooner.
As far as the grip on dry and wet they are great. Only got them in June so i don't know what they will do in the snow. But i'm also not planing on using them for the winter.
They are quiter them the OE tires were.
But a lot of people have said that they wear fast. I only have 3000 miles on them and you can see more wear on the fronts then the back. But there is still a lot of tread let on them.
The only issue i have is that they do get Flat spots after sitting over night. But that does go away after about a mile of driving.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nexen N5000 225/40/18

just got em a month ago......so far so good

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sumitomo 215 / 50zr17 91w on the front Dunno what the Z is before the R??

and sadly as i tore 2 sidewalls up i had to get overpriced Michilin 215 / 50 R17 91H M+S on the rear in order to keep with my schedule, had no time before today to come on here and ask about.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It's recommended that all four wheels should be the same, so you probably should get a second pair of those Michelins to mount on the back (and put the ones you just bought up front - remember, it's preferable to put the newer tires in the back.)
The Z denotes a very high speed tire, but the H-rated Michelins (210km/h) should do just fine on any normal 6. M+S means they're all season tires, but you don't need to fret over it :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE (Six-wheeler @ Sep 30 2008, 07:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1448854
It's recommended that all four wheels should be the same, so you probably should get a second pair of those Michelins to mount on the back (and put the ones you just bought up front - remember, it's preferable to put the newer tires in the back.)
The Z denotes a very high speed tire, but the H-rated Michelins (210km/h) should do just fine on any normal 6. M+S means they're all season tires, but you don't need to fret over it :)[/b]
The other 2 Michelins will have to wait a month or two coz i cant afford to drop another $400 on 2 more nitrogen filled tires. Dam tire shoppy charged me $196 each tire plus $8 for N2 in them.

but thx, ill def buy the other 2 tires online next time

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 215/45 17

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
QUOTE (mazda madness @ Sep 30 2008, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1449150
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 215/45 17[/b]
On a North American spec Mazda6? If you have stated the size correctly (are you sure it is not a 215/50R17?) the load index on that tire (87) is dangerously low (you need a minimum 91 load index tire on your car for safety) and your speedometer and odometer error will be approaching ten percent (9.7% to be precise). Those baby Dunlops have to rotate 842 times to cover the same one mile distance that the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires cover in 819 rotations. Your gearing must be ...interesting.., too. If your tire dealer recommended that size to you, go back and demand a properly sized replacement; if he is reluctant to give it to you (for free), remind him of his liability should that tire fail on the freeway. You might want to drop the phrase "implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose under the Uniform Commercial Code" into the conversation along the way.

EDIT: See post number 382 below.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
QUOTE (posttosh @ Oct 1 2008, 11:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1449446
On a North American spec Mazda6? If you have stated the size correctly (are you sure it is not a 215/50R17?) the load index on that tire (87) is dangerously low (you need a minimum 91 load index tire on your car for safety) and your speedometer and odometer error will be approaching ten percent (9.7% to be precise). Those baby Dunlops have to rotate 842 times to cover the same one mile distance that the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires cover in 819 rotations. Your gearing must be ...interesting.., too. If your tire dealer recommended that size to you, go back and demand a properly sized replacement; if he is reluctant to give it to you (for free), remind him of his liability should that tire fail on the freeway. You might want to drop the phrase "implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose under the Uniform Commercial Code" into the conversation along the way.[/b]
Are you basing those numbers on ACTUAL tire specs (which vary and are not precisely what the sidewall says)?
If so, I don't have a beef with your advice, because you may well be right for the Dunlop Direzza vis-a-vis teh stock Michelin 215/50-17, but based ONLY upon stated (sidewall) tire size comparisons at Miata.net's Tire Calculator, the error is a 'mere' -3.3%, not -9.7%. Sounds like you're assuming (or can you confirm?) a uhge inaccuracy in the Dunlop/s stated size! Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
898 Posts
The JDM 6 (both cars I used to have) came standard with that size with the 87 load rating. Yes, I admit that the cars drove better after I switched to 215/50 (the USDM spec tire) but I wonder why the 87 load rating shouldn't be adequate for USDM cars as opposed to JDM cars.

361 - 380 of 564 Posts