Mazda 6 Forums banner

301 - 320 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 - All season tire
225/50/R17 on stock rims

Very quite, and such a smooth ride with the bigger sidewall. Sticks really well, and def. a better lauch, no need to worry about slipping in the wet. I should of went with the stock size of 225/45 because there's just a littel to much "mush" in the turns for me, def. lost a touch of the nimbleness from the increased sidewall + wider tire....but overall very happy, and i still stick it through the turns.....

overall great for normal driving for me (500 miles a week), so when you're on the road alot comfort is something thats important. Dont need anymore speeding tickets in my life. Overal 8.5 out of 10 tire!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hankook K104 on the ATX as of last night. US stock size, 215/50R17 (as opposed to the worldwide 215-45.) Replacing 225/45R17 Kumho 712.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Street:
Yokohama Avid T4 215/50 R17

Autocross:
Bridgestone Potenza RE01-R 225/45 R17 on 17x7.5 Enkei RP F-1's

The Bridgestones have amazing grip for "street" tires, the treadwear rating is abysmal though (140).

-Cameron Keffer

·
Registered
898 Posts
Update:

In my opinion, the Hankooks are not as good as the Kumho Supra 712s I have on the MTX (same size, not the 225/45). The 712s feel noticeably stickier, with about the same amount of turning force resulting from a given amount of steering input.
On the other hand, though the k104s furnish slightly more precise directional stability due to the very strong tracking, they tend to fight back through the steering wheel when cornering, demanding considerable (sometimes annoyingly so) steering effort to keep the car in the curve. That's probably due to the fact that there's a central rib on the 104 where the 712 has a trough-like center groove that dominates the whole tread pattern.
Also, the 712s are nearly silent compared to the K104s. Although their handling characteristics (mainly the very strong straightline tracking) seem to be more suited to highway use, the ringing noise alone would probably prevent me from taking the 104s on a long trip.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm the second owner of my 6s and I've still got what the last owner bought....215/45/ZR17 Nexen N3000's. I've never even heard of Nexen. These tires are marketed as ultra-high performance tires, but at $65 a piece I find that really hard to believe. Unfortunately they are pretty new, so I have a hard time shelling out money for Toyo's while the Nexen's still have some life left in them. I wish they were all season because then I would use them as my winter tires and buy some nice performance tires for summer. Doh.

·
Registered
957 Posts
just ordered the Kumo ESCTA AST. i had enough of my cheap old Nankang tires. i sware i had a constant vibrations since i bought them, after 3 tire rotations. hope these kumo's fix it. what ya guys think of em?[/b]
so you threw out cheap tires and got another cheap tires? jk jk.

i have 225/45/17s on mine. and let me tell you.

THEY ARE HORRIBLE. noisy as hell, and doesn't stick to the road that well compared to hankook ventus k104 i used to have.

only thing i like about these tires are..... the tread pattern. thats about it.

i'm never going to buy these again. you should have spent 100 or more to get better tires.

i might return them to america's tire and get ventus v4's when i get paid this week.

if i were you, i would return them asap and get better tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the stock 17 inch michelins and 16 inch pirelli winter carving tires for winter. i live in quebec so it is a necessity.mazda 6 wagon gs 2007 .
the pirellis seem really nice but ihave them since a week only so ill let you know later.

thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season 225/45VR-18 on stock MS6 wheels.

Ride: thump over expansion joints but not much worse than the Bridgestone RE050's that come with the car.
Noise on the highway: quieter than the Bridgestones
Dry handling: Not as good as the Bridgestones, but the Bridgestones are 140 treads so some sticky was lost. Mostly on turn in you feel it, but not a lot was lost.
Wet handling: Excellent. Major rain storm last week and no hydroplaning I could detect. Stops in rush hour traffic on the highway were fine.
Snow: Thankfully, I haven't tested them out yet in the white stuff.
Treadwear: too soon to tell, but they gotta last longer than the Bridgestones.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Previous: Kuhmo Ecsta ASX 225/45/17
Current: Falken Ziex 912 225/45/17

i liked the kuhmo's. pretty good grip in all weather conditions (don't know about snow since it doesn't really snow that much in southeastern virginia). the road noise was pretty quiet for about the first 10K miles or so. then it got really loud over time. i had a bit of bad luck though, having to have three flats repaired.

the falken's seem to be pretty comparable to the kuhmo's, both in performance and in price. they're about two months old, and the road noise is still extremely quiet. i'm hoping these will be a little more durable and last longer than the kuhmo's, since they claim to be "reinforced."

·
Registered
898 Posts
The fact that they're Bridgestones mean only one thing to me: they're likely to be defective.
On the other hand, those Hankooks are really growing on me. Now that they've gone a couple of thousand kms, they're proving to be far grippier than I had initially thought - if only they weren't so noisy. But you get what you pay for, I suppose.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Stock Rims
Hankook Ventus HR2
235/45 & 245/45

5Zigen Coprse Rims
Yokohama Advan
235-45 & 245/45

Evo.8 Rims
Yokohama Es200
225/45

·
Registered
898 Posts
Stock Rims
Hankook Ventus HR2
235/45 & 245/45[/b]
On stock rims??!

301 - 320 of 564 Posts
About this Discussion
563 Replies
369 Participants
b1lk1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing