Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres the one button on the right of the TCS. Looks almost like the WRX STI one. Is it the same as the WRX STI where you can raise the redline? Or am I making it sound cooler then it is? I currently Drive an 05 Accord V6. I'm thinking about getting another car and wanted to get some good info about the Mazda 6s 5-speed. Like is it pretty fast 0-60 1/4 mile stock and what could be done and how well does it take to the stuff done to the car.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've got three switches there: HID light height adjustment, interior dash light adjustment & TCS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to upload a picture but it wouldn't let me. But it looks like a rpm gauge picture with a mouse like scrolling button below it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I tried to upload a picture but it wouldn't let me. But it looks like a rpm gauge picture with a mouse like scrolling button below it.
[/b]
It's the adjustment for the brightness of the dash lights.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The best way to find out what something is. Would be to mess with it.

as cwa107 said. It's for the dash brightness

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now to the other questions. What's the average 1/4 and 0-60 on this car. How well does it compete with a Accord Coupe V6 6-speed?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The V6 accord manual is faster, but more expensive. Not to mention, it doesnt look near as nice. quarter mile for the 6 is around 6.5 seconds on the V6 manual version ad per C&D tests. As for mods, there are a few, the car is new (ish). Cold air intakes net around 13-24Hp on everage. We really dont have a any turbo kits (v6), the I4 has a few. There is not much after market (compared to say an accord) for the 6 yet, but its increasing slowly.

Anyway, all of these questions and others, you can just use the nifty search function.. :):):)

·
Registered
40 Posts
The V6 accord manual is faster, but more expensive. Not to mention, it doesnt look near as nice. quarter mile for the 6 is around 6.5 seconds on the V6 manual version ad per C&D tests. As for mods, there are a few, the car is new (ish). Cold air intakes net around 13-24Hp on everage. We really dont have a any turbo kits (v6), the I4 has a few. There is not much after market (compared to say an accord) for the 6 yet, but its increasing slowly.

Anyway, all of these questions and others, you can just use the nifty search function.. :):):)
[/b]
I think he was talking about getting a MazdaSpeed6, not the Mazda6 hmm...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Now to the other questions. What's the average 1/4 and 0-60 on this car. How well does it compete with a Accord Coupe V6 6-speed?
[/b]
I think it would be helpful if you could elaborate on exactly what you're looking for in a car. This way we could tell you how well the 6s (or the Speed6) meets your needs and/or what other vehicles you should be looking at. The fact that you're interested in the Accord Coupe puts you in a different market segment that the 6 doesn't necessarily compete in.

If you're looking at a coupe, one would guess that the practicality of a sedan/hatch/wagon is not real high on the priority list. And if that's the case, there are much better choices out there (IMO). But if you want a vehicle that is sporty and practical and offers options that you can't find on the Accord and WRX platforms, then it might be a good trade-off.

·
Registered
781 Posts
A 6s will kick the crap out that acord ur driving, I can tell you that!

·
Registered
210 Posts
A 6s will kick the crap out that acord ur driving, I can tell you that!
[/b]
An Accord Coupe V6 manual? It certainly does have the power advantage. Not sure about the weight difference, but I don't think the 6s has much (if any) advantage in a straight line. The 6s is no drag racer, but the MS6 would be a better match.

·
Registered
210 Posts
the v6 accord coupe would lay waste to the 6s.
[/b]
I thought it, you said it... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts