Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was changing my my oil the other day and had my car on the lift since it is sooo easy to change it when its in the air. I was waiting for all the oil to drain so i was just looking around the underside for the hell of it when I noticed something that I had never seen before. It was at the rear of the vehicle and it was weird looking, what it looked like was a black box that had what looked like an acuator comming out of it hooked up to one of the suspension parts. It looked like a sensor of some kind. It also had a wire comming out of it... This was hooked up to only the left side of the suspension only. I dont have pictures but I could get some alot later from now...wife has the car and all... But I was hoping to find out wtf this is, cuz I have never seen anything like this before and my knowledge of cars is pretty great...I was thinking maybe this is a JMD feature only since I could not find anything before posted...but then again its hard to search for something when you dont know what to search for! Haha. That is also why I posted it in this forum. Any thoughts on what it is? Oh yeah, I think it might have something to do with the tuned suspension option we got...or it has something to do with that..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dynamic stability control sensor perhaps?

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah, the only thing i can think is that it has something to do with the dynamic stability control system. the combine sensor maybe? pics would be helpful tho :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I just read on CNN about these black boxes they are putting in cars, and how all cars have to have them by 2011.. maybe thats one of them.. who the hell knows.. :)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
AAAAhhh!! it's a BOMB !!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
AAAAhhh!! it's a BOMB !!!
[/b]
LMAO - somehow the urgency of this post doesn't come through as it should.

Do yo have a girlfriend - disgruntled even? It's a GPS tracker and she knows where you are right now and all the time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's probably that black box everyone is talking about... I think mycar has this too, but i don't ever remember having that option, i even looked at the owners thing, but it didn't say.
Maybe i'm wrong and it's just something else, since my knowledge of cars is moderate... If it is that, all i really know is that i want it taken out...
-Fuzzy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts