Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying an exhaust system, but I changed my mind because my money is looking funny. Plus, I used to have an aftermarket exhaust on my old car and I hated that I couldn't hear anything when I was on the phone and driving. So, I plan to keep the stock exhaust, but I want to buy some tips that will fill the bumper diameter. I love the look of the mufflers filling out the bumper. Can anyone tell me what size tips to get because I'm not sure? Also, if there are some universal mufflers that aren't very loud, but have a big opening like the aftermarket mufflers, can I get some suggestions...Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
The magnaflow tips fit the bumper cut outs pretty well, and according to RPM, they are 4". I don't know what the stock size of the pipes are for the other end, but the tip should be about 3.5-4" in diameter.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The magnaflow tips fit the bumper cut outs pretty well, and according to RPM, they are 4". I don't know what the stock size of the pipes are for the other end, but the tip should be about 3.5-4" in diameter.
[/b]
What about a muffler? How long can it be before it stick outs past the bumper?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I gotta be honest with you. Exhaust tips are a pretty weak mod to do. For the love of everything 6 drivers stand for just save up your money and do it right. Nothing is worse than a half assed mod. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but sometimes its necessary to get the point across.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't think the tips are a weak mod, he stated his reasons and I think they're reasonable.

Since the exhaust doesn't really add any performance, from what I understand, it's mainly for the look / sound, and he doesn't like the sound. So, tips would probably be a good alternative, rather than wasting all that money on a full exhaust he wont be happy with. That's just my opionion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Defend as you wish, but nothing looks worse that someone sticking a couple of tips over top of a stock exhaust. If you feel so passionate about just tips. , go to a muffler shop and have them weld some pipes on after the mufflers that fills the space better. You can even take the pipes over and hold them up to the space and verify that they fill out just the way you like. Plus, the aftermarket exhausts I have seen for our car really aren't that loud, at least by comparison to what the rice rockets and mustangs have.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I gotta be honest with you. Exhaust tips are a pretty weak mod to do. For the love of everything 6 drivers stand for just save up your money and do it right. Nothing is worse than a half assed mod. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but sometimes its necessary to get the point across.
[/b]

weak mod?!? man, everyone on this site says a full cat-back exhaust on the 6i doesnt do shit. its a waste of money. more for sound . i mean im not gonna lie, i myself did did it,magna flow cat back went from 2.25 to 2.5, hi flow cat, CAI, no resonator. when i find a freaken header, will have the midpipe 2.5 also.

Reactions: MaKeH
1 - 7 of 7 Posts