Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a $15,000 reenlistment bouns for staying in the army another 2 more years and was wondering what part you think i should buy for the mazda. Im interested in both the cp-e maf ci and the magnaflow exhaust. Im aware that the magnaflow adds no hp really but would make the car sound great. The wife is only going to let me tint the windows and one parts because we have debt to pay off so please help me out in deciding!!! Thanks i appreciate it alot. Btw i have the 2006 Mazda 6 s mtx.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm i never thought of it that way. Im leaning towards the cp-e mafci because it will give me more hp and its cheaper then the exhaust, so maybe the wife will ywt me get the cp-e motor mount as well because it will cost the same amount as the exhaust with both of those parts!!!!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You could always save it.......

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
that MAFci is a must.

·
Registered
748 Posts
my favorite word time: :search:
Oh wait, since I'm such a nice guy, I am providing the answer...
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...309a706dcc92637
[/b]
I don't get it, the following paragraph is taken from the RPM site:

Why would you want to disconnect the black box? If you ever needed to remove the intake portion of the MAFci™ System for any reason, you would also need to disconnect the harness from the air/fuel controller. This bypass unit will allow you to do so without removing the CPE wiring harness. Some people choose remove the intake and use the bypass module when they take their car to the dealership.

Sounds like there would be something left behind so wouldn't the dealership know that you did something to your car? Wouldn't they wonder, WTF is this thing (system bypass module) doing here? I don't know how the cp-e intake is connected which is probably why i don't understand this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm cant really afford to sell the car i just bought for a mazdaspeed 6, but id like to add a few more hp to my car!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't get it, the following paragraph is taken from the RPM site:

Why would you want to disconnect the black box? If you ever needed to remove the intake portion of the MAFci™ System for any reason, you would also need to disconnect the harness from the air/fuel controller. This bypass unit will allow you to do so without removing the CPE wiring harness. Some people choose remove the intake and use the bypass module when they take their car to the dealership.

Sounds like there would be something left behind so wouldn't the dealership know that you did something to your car? Wouldn't they wonder, WTF is this thing (system bypass module) doing here? I don't know how the cp-e intake is connected which is probably why i don't understand this.
[/b]
bump.....still looking for an answer :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yeah i said the same thing yet noone has come up with a good reponse to that lol.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Well,
Some take their cars in for a basic oil change or tune up, so they pop the hood of course, and if they see the intake they get skeptical, most dealers at least. Not even an oil change, it can be a recall, or if you're experiencing a problem with your car.

So, to take the intake out, you also have to remove the box and wiring. But this bypass module CP-E has available simply replaces the black box, so your car doesn't know anything is wired to your ECU.

Overall, a car dealer wouldn't be looking up at your ECU, unless maybe you are doing a reflash or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
millonater
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing