Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 mazda 6 i ( 4 cyl ) last friday, anyways I was really impressed by the torque the mazda 6 has, its an automatic/manual, which i know u guys are like pshh. but that went well with my budget. yes i no the manuals are cheaper, just happen to find a good deal. So, i have a dent in my rear buper, and a scratch on the passenger side door. I'm gonna probably replace the bumper, or some how fix the dent. I also want to go more preformance, then make it look good. So i was thinking of getting an exhaust system first to get rid of all the back pressure, but then there's also the intake system. So what do u guys recommend i should do first?

·
Registered
421 Posts
the 6i is tough to get good gains out of most performance items out for the car. An exhaust on the 6i does not provide much gains at all but from what ive read a cold air intake produces the most. Or you can just go with a hi boost turbo for the 6i. Search the forums and you will definately find all the info. you need

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bought a 2004 mazda 6 i ( 4 cyl ) last friday, anyways I was really impressed by the torque the mazda 6 has, its an automatic/manual, which i know u guys are like pshh. but that went well with my budget. yes i no the manuals are cheaper, just happen to find a good deal. So, i have a dent in my rear buper, and a scratch on the passenger side door. I'm gonna probably replace the bumper, or some how fix the dent. I also want to go more preformance, then make it look good. So i was thinking of getting an exhaust system first to get rid of all the back pressure, but then there's also the intake system. So what do u guys recommend i should do first?
[/b]
Economically start with a CAI. I went with Injen (220), but if money's not the issue go with CP-E's MAF ci system (about 500). The exhaust on the 6i is STRICTLY for sound. Magnaflows appear most popular. (450) But combined with the CAI it will sound better than it really is so thats a plus. Sway bars with help you control the car steering and cornering better. I hear racing beats the way to go. I dont believe they have developed long tube headers, but ask CP-E as they are the source, performance wise. If your at this point with 5000 to spare PM Mr. Tea and now your ready for turbo.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts