Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this from a forum that I used to frequent a lot. Its a sentra forum but someone posted a thread about the Mazda 6 and some other people. FOr the most part very good feedback (and I posted a link to the Mazda6 forum incase they feel like switching sides :) )

Heres the link
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread...?threadid=43981

If anyone else sees any other car forums posting feedback about hte 6 i'd like to read comments.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'What other car forums think of the Mazda 6'

Good thinking.

For you who don't get the link working: right-click on it, paste it into the browser's address field. Edit away the "amp;" part. You're home free.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I've seen quite a few '6 posts on other boards, and overall the driving reports are favorable.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Ford doesn't OWN Mazda. It has controlling interest as Ford owns 33.4% of shares.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

Ford doesn't OWN Mazda. It has controlling interest as Ford owns 33.4% of shares.[/b]
I didnt find that nowhere. At most places, it says ford bought mazda. Even on mazda's website I think. :wtf

·
Registered
837 Posts

Man, I wish the day when Honda is bought out by GM.

I wonder if those hardcore Honda guys will stop buying Honda or not. Makes you wonder eh?

I wonder if all those Mercedes enthusiast stop buying Mercedes because Chrysler is part of the company.

How about you Swedes? Have you Swedes stop loving your Volvo or Saab because Ford or GM, respectively, bought them out???

I think this issue with Ford buying Mazda (or has 33.x% control of Mazda) is played out too long. I for one was one of them worrying about Ford ownership too but after seeing the new Mazda 6, I have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

Man, I wish the day when Honda is bought out by GM.

I wonder if those hardcore Honda guys will stop buying Honda or not.  Makes you wonder eh?

I wonder if all those Mercedes enthusiast stop buying Mercedes because Chrysler is part of the company.

How about you Swedes?  Have you Swedes stop loving your Volvo or Saab because Ford or GM, respectively, bought them out???

I think this issue with Ford buying Mazda (or has 33.x% control of Mazda) is played out too long.  I for one was one of them worrying about Ford ownership too but after seeing the new Mazda 6, I have nothing to worry about.[/b]
Yea, I dont mind ford buying mazda, but it would be better if it was alone. Anyways, ford does have bunch of money, so mazda can't really run out of business.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Haris

Ford doesn't OWN Mazda. It has controlling interest as Ford owns 33.4% of shares.[/b]
I didnt find that nowhere. At most places, it says ford bought mazda. Even on mazda's website I think. :wtf [/b][/quote]

He is almost correct. Mazda owns 33.3 percent of the shares, which by Japanese law means they are in control of the company. But they may not act in ways that would hurt the interest of those in control of the other two thirds.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Originally posted by Haris

I didnt find that nowhere. At most places, it says ford bought mazda. Even on mazda's website I think. :wtf [/b][/quote]

He is almost correct. Mazda owns 33.3 percent of the shares, which by Japanese law means they are in control of the company. But they may not act in ways that would hurt the interest of those in control of the other two thirds.[/b][/quote]

But why don't mazda make all of its engines? Mazda 6 (ford's block); mazda tribute (either block or engine); etc. The only car that mazda really makes and ford dont is rotary.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Development costs for a new engine, let alone an entire car are very high. The new reality in the automotive industry is modularity and platform sharing. VAG has been very succesful with only a handful of platforms and engines. This is the model that companies are going to, because it is inherently more efficient than separate platforms for every model.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Actually it's Mazda now that does almost all the small displacement engine research for Ford. As for why Mazda didn't make a whole new block for the 6, why reinvent the wheel. If Ford had a perfectly good block to use why would Mazda spend millions of dollars(Yen) to duplicate it. Mazda designed the heads and intake system, which is what makes the engine. Ford was able to supply them with tons of design information on 200HP+ 3.0L V6s. Anybody here remember the 89 Taurus SHO?

I wish it was that good looking under the hood of a 6.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

That was the point I was driving at Jay.

Didn't the SHO use a Yamaha engine?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Most of the gripes i've seen have been about the "ford" engine which isnt even true to begin with and a few people dont like the bubble type rear lights how they stick out but its nice to see people giving thumbs up. I just hope too many ppl dont buy them here, I like to be different :)

·
Registered
82 Posts

IS300 is very nice looking car, but from what I was reading half the guys in the room seem to the type that drives an I300 and lives in a house the probably costs as much :D

No seriously my friend has an IS300 I like the "compact" look of it more, but the more i stare at it the more it looks like a supped up civic

Reliability wise...I work inside Ford and we usually make fun of stuff that we know is crap, the 6 isn't one of them.

Maintence wise the sadly...again my brother is a Lexus certified mechanic...lexuses are the MOST expensive car to manitain and insure.

So depends if you have the cash get anything you want...Iam getting the M6s and the new Honda CBR RR this summer :p

·
Registered
32 Posts

Originally posted by duck979
Iam getting the M6s and the new Honda CBR RR this summer :p[/b]
That's a leathal combination there. The new RR looks sick.

·
Registered
76 Posts

There's been talk about the Mazda6 at my other forums.

www.accordv6.com
www.maxima.org

Most of the talk is pretty favorable, and people generally like it, the looks, the handling, but agree that the engine could use a little more power. Not a good area to be weak in for a sporty sedan, unfortunately :(

Everybody wants to be an IS300? haha! not! :p

The IS300 is a nice car, but it wants to be a 3-series. The car that EVERYBODY wants to be is the BMW 3-series. Sorry, there are no IS300 wannabe's :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts