Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 6s, and I'm planning to get a few things done to ensure that my tranny stays kosher. Right now I have almost 7k miles on it so it's not really that deep into it's shelf life, but preventative maintenance is my thing.

Things I wish to do with/to my tranny:

24k Transmission Cooler
Switch to full Synthetic Fluid
In-line (servicable) Transmission Filter

---------

My question is this, when/how should I go about these mods? I would think I'd want the cooler and filter in before I go get the thing flushed and synthetic added...but was wondering if these cause any sort of problems with a drain&refill or flush? If I had these mods on, would it be better to get a flush as opposed to drain and fill?

Help me out here guys!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
do the cooler and the filter first, at the same time to save you a little time

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Ok, so if I get those done...how should I go about changing out the fluid? Should I even bother, with only 7k miles on the car?
[/b]
Nah. I would put the cooler and the filter on at the same time, then add a little more fluid.

I would wait a little longer when your fluid needs to be changed and then switch to synthetic. I have 9k miles on my 2005 6s and I already have a cooler on. At my 22k mile service interval, I plan on switching out to synthetic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Philter25
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing