·
Registered
2,044 Posts
me too, mobile 1.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Lucas Full Synthetic.

After a buddy of mine did a complete Lucas change-over to a stock 92 civic he et up nitrous and gradually put bigger and bigger shots on it until it blew (It was an experiment with a $200.00 car on a dyno in his shop). He of coarse eventually had to up the fuel and slap on a bigger exhaust to keep up with the juice, but by the end of the weekend, he was spraying a 450 shot. The interesting thing is, when it finally broke in the parking lot, it wasn't the motor that popped! The tranny got shredded! So the motor was still good.

Lucas Synthetic FTW!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
AMSOIL ASL

·
Registered
578 Posts
Royal Purple... good stuff

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wanted to run Mobil 1, but the AutoZone only had 4 quarts. :tear:

So, I ended up getting Valvoline full synthetic 5W30. Seems ok to me. :unsure:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wanted to run Mobil 1, but the AutoZone only had 4 quarts. :tear:

So, I ended up getting Valvoline full synthetic 5W30. Seems ok to me. :unsure:
[/b]

What was the $$ difference btw the 2? I just bought 6 Mobil1 for $5.99/qt. at Kragen.
Changing my oil and air filter this weekend. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What was the $$ difference btw the 2? I just bought 6 Mobil1 for $5.99/qt. at Kragen.
[/b]

i loved the royal purple in my MZ6 so i am going to do my first oil change on my speed6 tommorrow with royal purple and a k&n filter.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I too wanted the Mobil 1 5w-20, but they only had 4 qts.

So I bought a 6pack of Valvoline 'something' run Synhetic, 5w-20.

Only $27 with tax and an STP oil filter :)

Changing it as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm using ELF Excellium 5W-30 Ultra High Performance Full Synthetic Oil. It's very similar to Motul V300 Full Synthetic that I use in my motercycle....very high quality and they both come from the same refinery with slightly different formulas. If you watch Moto GP or Formula 1 Racing you'll see both of these brands advertised on the race cars and motorcycles. I'm changing it every 5000 KM......don't need to, but I like to change the oil on all my vehicles, at early intervals. When we pulled the motor out of the Acuras Integra my son and I are building, the inside of the motor and the head were like new. The Acura has 300,000 original KM that my daughter put on it and still runs like a top, but we're putting in a Dart Racing block so we can run a high compression turbocharged motor with high boost.............the block is good to 1500 HP. Anyway the frequent oil changes really pay off, as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've used Mobil1 since my first turbo in 86 and it's served me well (185k on a turbo Volvo) so I'm sticking with that. It's also the only one available locally.

·
Registered
431 Posts

5w30 - right now there is a $10 rebate coupon for a case/ 6 quart purchase on their web site.
Castro Syntec Rebate Hurry it expires on the 30th of this month! :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
1st oil change = Royal Purple
2nd oil change = Amsoil

·
Registered
288 Posts
[/b]
I don't remember the exact difference between Mobil 1 and the Valvoline synthetic, but it was something on the order of $1.50 per quart cheaper for the Valvoline.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm using ELF Excellium 5W-30 Ultra High Performance Full Synthetic Oil. It's very similar to Motul V300 Full Synthetic that I use in my motercycle....very high quality and they both come from the same refinery with slightly different formulas. If you watch Moto GP or Formula 1 Racing you'll see both of these brands advertised on the race cars and motorcycles. I'm changing it every 5000 KM......don't need to, but I like to change the oil on all my vehicles, at early intervals. When we pulled the motor out of the Acuras Integra my son and I are building, the inside of the motor and the head were like new. The Acura has 300,000 original KM that my daughter put on it and still runs like a top, but we're putting in a Dart Racing block so we can run a high compression turbocharged motor with high boost.............the block is good to 1500 HP. Anyway the frequent oil changes really pay off, as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:
[/b]
If you talk to MOTUL they dont suggest changing the oil that often. There test show that the oil does a better job with KM's on it. They keep talking about going with longer service intervals. That why I wont bother to run it till I'm off warranty.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts