Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm at like 37k miles. I know some other members are getting near the end of their warrenty's as well.

I figure, We should make a pined thread that consists of a list of things that should get looked at or done before the warrenty is no longer there.

Me personally. I don't know what to do. There are no problems with my car that I can tell. As of yet anyways. But, it made me curious to know what some of the unwritten rules are when the warrenty is about gone.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
OK, I'm at like 37k miles. I know some other members are getting near the end of their warrenty's as well.

I figure, We should make a pined thread that consists of a list of things that should get looked at or done before the warrenty is no longer there.

Me personally. I don't know what to do. There are no problems with my car that I can tell. As of yet anyways. But, it made me curious to know what some of the unwritten rules are when the warrenty is about gone.
[/b]
If there are no problems then what will the dealer do?

Probably take it in for any updates to the programming, and see if there are any critical TSB's they know about. But if you aren't experiencing any problems, then they won't do anything except the normal TSB service related items (and maybe not even those depending on the dealer.)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'm at 45k, and I'm going in Thursday. I've had a recurring CEL for a very small emissions leak that I'm sick of, and they're gonna take care of it. Maybe I should tell them to fix the damn fogging on my windshield while it's in. And maybe have them install MS sways...

EDIT: Just called the dealer and set it up. I've been meaning to get that fogging fixed forever.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I have a ticket open at the dealership so that I can take my car in even after I cross my 50k mark this week:D

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm at 45K and there are some things that I'm gonna have done...

Replace throttle body
Replace stock wishbone motor mount
Repair driver's seat foam separation (which involves having new leather placed on new foam)

This is stuf that I have had done already...

Replace brake system fluid that was causing a master cylinder squeak
Replace the starter that was causing a screeching noise when I cold started the car

The dealership has caught some other things like...

PCM re-flash
Control arm replacement

Get all the things done that you can! If it's after 50K, you'll be SOL.

Check this: http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda...tins_index.html
and this: http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...25&Itemid=1
to see if you have something on recall.

If you have a sunroof, get that inspected, too. Many times, that can be a source of some troubles with guidewires.

I thought that by signing up at the owners area of the mazdausa website would catch all recalls based on VIN, however, it doesn't.

alex

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
LOL. I'm at 70K, and I have teh 100K extended warranty. Here's what I am pretty sure I'll have to have done in the next few months:

1. Brakes -- Not Warranty
2. Tires -- Not Warranty
3. Possibly Shocks -- Not Warranty
4. Winshield -- Not Warranty

So all the shit I'll need done -- NOT WARRANTY. As soon as the warranty is up, though....ugh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts