Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;

I m sure most of you have come across with some story of mistaken identity with your MS6. I thought I would write up some experiences here. I 'd make the story short and brief:

1) Once at the parkade, this hot chick with her b/f approached me while i was getting into the car, she asked me what kind of car it is cos she has seen many of them on the road and yet she can't seem to figure it what it is and even through her research online. I told myself there is no way she has seen many of them on the road, so i go.."ah..this ONE? this is a MS6". I pointed the one parked next to me, "that's a 6 wagon". She was like.."oh..Mazda..SPEEDDDDD 6..." lol Of course i drove off the lot and she was admiring it all the way from behind..damn i wish i could pick her up for a ride..hehe

2) This car rental company manager (next to where i work) asked me how i like my new Mazda 6 comparing to my Altima 3.5SE before, i said i like it, cos it's simply faster because it's a MS6. He goes, "oh yeah? it's got a 6 Speed tranmission!?, i go 'yeah,..call it Mazda Speed 6 or 6 Speed anything you want to call it"

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
when people ask i say it's a Mazda6. if they press for trim package i say it's the speed6. i like that the car is a sleeper.

·
Registered
177 Posts
agreed. the bst part is that noone knows what these cars are most of the time cause there arent a zillion of them on the road

·
Registered
300 Posts
I keep getting asked if mines is the new lexus. I debaged my car completely but i dun see the reseblence. They asking either if its the new ES350 or the new IS350 -_-;

·
Registered
79 Posts
I keep getting asked if mines is the new lexus. I debaged my car completely but i dun see the reseblence. They asking either if its the new ES350 or the new IS350 -_-;
[/b]
Same with me people always think its an IS350

·
Registered
121 Posts
cult car yes. I haven't had anyone really ask about my car yet. My old MSP got called everything, lancer, sentra, 6, even had the service tech at a mazda dealership (guy) call it cute! blah. But I just call it a mazda6, it gets annoying having to explain what the speed means all the time.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it gets annoying having to explain what the speed means all the time.
[/b]
agreed. i says it's a little 4-banger mazda6. they can figure the rest out for themselves!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was at a Car show yesterday, and i had the Speed6 with the hood popped, and all these stupid people came around looking at i; "ohh, check it out, he put a turbo in it" "check out the intercooler, musta cost a lot"

I loved seeing so many people around it, put a HUGE smile on my face :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I get "I thought it was an acura" most of all...
[/b]
I've gotten the acura before too

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
someone thought i was david hasselhoff, but i am asian.
[/b]

hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just get Mazda6 all the time.
I was suprised yesterday when I got a parking violation at school :) It said 2006 Mazdaspeed6!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Heh, I have the ATENZA Badge on my Mazda6 Sedan. I've had so many people ask what the atenza is, if the car was specially ordered or imported.

Anyways I love the fact that *most* people out there don't knwo the difference (by looks) between the MS6 and the Mazda6. Largely, you will only be able to tell if you are a Mazda enthusiast. A sleeper car in a way :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just me, but everytime I see the new Lexus IS250-350 I think it's a 6.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
30 Participants
barberjohn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing