Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What draws you to a car? What features do you look for? Here's my list:
1. Power: I have a great grocery getter (Subaru Forester). Rationally it has all the power you would ever realistically need. But the irrational part of me loves that rush of acceleration; the feeling of being pressed back into the seat cushions. So a minimum of 200 hp (or more with a heavier vehicle).
2. Handling: This is probably more important to me than actual power. There are plenty of cars out there with lots of power and squishy handling. Yuck!
3. Quality: I don't like the trend lately of really cheap looking and feeling interiors. I like nice quality fit and finish. Plastic is plastic, but it should feel nice to the touch. Stuff shouldn't rattle or break off.
4. AWD: This is why I must wait for the MazdaSpeed. I can't go back...I won't! :D This goes hand in hand with the handling thing. I live in Washington State. You may have heard that we get a little rain up here. :sarc AWD isn't really a must, but when it gets wet or snowy, it's really great. It also doesn't push through corners as much as FWD. A great compromise overall I think, especially where I live.
5. Cargo capacity: Here's where reason rears its ugly head. I need to cart stuff around fairly frequently. Sometimes it's too large for a sedan to handle, but I don't really need a wagon. Enter the hatchback. Perfect! Lots of utility and it looks great!
6. Styling: Even if it had all of the above; without styling, it wouldn't get that visceral skip of the heartbeat reaction. You either love it or you don't. End of story. This for me isn't about how other people react to it. It's about how I react to it every day when I walk out to the garage.

Anyway with all those criteria the MazdaSpeed 6 looks like a winner (on paper anyway ;)) as long as they make it a hatchback.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well according to the link that was stating the turboed version of the 6 it said Saloon. Which is the european way of saying sedan. Even though the car in the picture was the hatch. I hope they bring it out as a hatch too though, I would snatch that baby up really quick.

If the Mazda6 doesn't offer the options that I want that are available in the Japan market I may wait a year or two to see if they come out. It'll be torture seeing other people drive it, but it might be worth it if they do stuff like 6-Speed for 2nd year or a Mazdaspeed version comes out. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts