Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am a new MS6 owner and i was just wondering why is everyone complaining about the clutch pedal. I mean it is fairly stiff but i have had no problems with it in fact i dont mind it at all. What is everyones gripe. I have driven cars with far worse clutches. My friends ranger engaged at like the very end of the travel. What gives? Sorry if this has been brought up before but i just wanted peoples opinions.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Sorry if this has been brought up before but i just wanted peoples opinions. [/b]
It really has been discussed too much to start a new discussion again. A simple search will net great results if you're looking for others' opinions, but if you're happy with it, then don't bother reading negatives...get out and drive!

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the forums

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
In many of the cars (mine included), the clutch had a very non-linear feel during engagement. This makes engaging the clutch smoothly a challenging operation.

The clutch pedal mechanism can be adjusted. This shortens the movement of the clutch pedal and smooths out much of the non-linearity. Everyone who has tried the adjustment seems to be pleased with the results.

According to some of the people who have driven a 2007 MS6, the clutch pedal feel seems to be improved. My assumption is that Mazda changed the adjustment at the factory. The newer cars' clutch pedals probably have a very similar adjustment to the adjustments many people have performed themselves on their older MS6s.

Therefore, if your MS6 is a later model, your clutch pedal might have a different factory adjustment than the eariler models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts