Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought the slash series amps from JL (300/4 and 500/1) and i really dont want to spend anymore money on LOC or cleansweep or Perfect FIT or 3SIXTY or LC6 right now... :nana:

so here's what i have in mind:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_connect...il.php?cat_id=5

since it's engineered by JL and i m going to use the slash... i guess this is the cheaper way to get the signals to the amps... btw, i m only getting signals from the FRONTS only !! 300/4 and 500/1 will only get front signals...

Now, the slash series manual from JL's site states that the input is switchable from 200mV-2V RMS to 800mV-8V RMS... and my question is this... does our stock provide at most 8V signal or more than that?? if it's more i dont think i will be going this route anymore...

Thanks... and i m hoping daverulz will see this thread... lol.. :drive:

hmm i just looked at the owner's manual and it says that it will decrease output if i put the input sensitivity to high.. and increase output if i use lower sensitivity..... any idea by how much? how about quality wise?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANYONE >!!>!!>!???

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
ANYONE >!!>!!>!???
[/b]
Use that adapter you linked to and set the amp to the 800mv to 8v range. You should barely have to crack the gains to get the rated power. Just use the JL gain setting tutorial and a multimeter to set them.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use that adapter you linked to and set the amp to the 800mv to 8v range. You should barely have to crack the gains to get the rated power. Just use the JL gain setting tutorial and a multimeter to set them.
[/b]
oh wow... didnt know that their site has this kind of tutorial.... it's damn useful in my case... but 1 thing i dont understand... ok let's say that i currently have 2 single coil 4ohm subs (which will make 2ohm or 8ohm), and now, i want to connect them to 2ohm operation with the 500/1, the desired voltage i should get is 31.6V right? so what if i didnt get 31.6V? do i set that gain until it will shows 31.6V on the multimeter?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
oh wow... didnt know that their site has this kind of tutorial.... it's damn useful in my case... but 1 thing i dont understand... ok let's say that i currently have 2 single coil 4ohm subs (which will make 2ohm or 8ohm), and now, i want to connect them to 2ohm operation with the 500/1, the desired voltage i should get is 31.6V right? so what if i didnt get 31.6V? do i set that gain until it will shows 31.6V on the multimeter?
[/b]

Yes, I was pretty sure that was clear in the tutorial. You turn up the gain until you get the voltage specified in the chart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
DaveRulz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing