Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I prepare for track season I plan on running a staggered tire set up, I'm not fully sure what size I'll run for the front. I'm entertaining a 265 or 255 for the front and probably 235 for rear.

·
Registered
244 Posts
As I prepare for track season I plan on running a staggered tire set up, I'm not fully sure what size I'll run for the front. I'm entertaining a 265 or 255 for the front and probably 235 for rear.
Staggered setup on a FWD car will probably be frowned upon by many people , and while I don't think it necessarily is a bad idea if you do it correctly as it will help the car rotated and oversteer, I still don't suggest it.

To answer your question, It largely depends on the width of the rim you are running as well as the offset. The factory wheels don't really fit wider than a 225 all that well.

I think 245/45/19 all around would be best.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staggered setup on a FWD car will probably be frowned upon by many people , and while I don't think it necessarily is a bad idea if you do it correctly as it will help the car rotated and oversteer, I still don't suggest it.

To answer your question, It largely depends on the width of the rim you are running as well as the offset. The factory wheels don't really fit wider than a 225 all that well.

I think 245/45/19 all around would be best.

Yeah I am trying to learn to use rotation and oversteer to drive faster in a FWD orientation. That was the main reason I upgraded the rear sway bar with CorkSport. I was planning on going 18" wheels!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts