Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to install an ipod (cheapest and easiest to install) on a 2004 mazda6s with a bose system?

·
Registered
391 Posts
what is the best way to install an ipod (cheapest and easiest to install) on a 2004 mazda6s with a bose system?
[/b]

The audiolink ipod integration kit is pretty cheap and easy to install as long as you can get your dash apart. It'll run you $124 from the rpmstore.com

I've been very happy with mine so far :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The audiolink ipod integration kit is pretty cheap and easy to install as long as you can get your dash apart. It'll run you $124 from the rpmstore.com

I've been very happy with mine so far :)[/b]
If you don't mind not having control of the IPOD from the radio controls, you can save $60 with the AuxMod which just gives an aix input (1/8" jack). I'm using one for my Sirius receiver. I did have to add a ground loop isolator to remove engine noise which added $20. I don't know if you'd need that with an IPOD.

B

·
0 Posts
you will need a ground loop isolator with the auxmod. i originally had my ipod running thru the auxmod, but have recently installed a sirius unit and am now using the auxmod connection for that. i'll probably get the audiolink to give me a direct connection for the ipod.

·
Registered
7 Posts
YAY! for auxmod. It's amazing just installed mine earlier this week. Just fyi if you get it id suggest a 5 ft cable my 3ft I had to run it out of the bottom of the center console up the side and I can barely lift it up from my cup holder :angry: Also I'm not running a ground loop isolator and it sounds fine

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've had my ipod setup for about a year now, but I've never heard of the ground loop isolator. What's it do? Will it sound clearer? I have the audiolink connection kit..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've had my ipod setup for about a year now, but I've never heard of the ground loop isolator. What's it do? Will it sound clearer? I have the audiolink connection kit..[/b]

A ground loop isolater helps remove feedback from the system. Sometimes with cars you can get a high pitched whine that plays through your speakers and increases in volume the faster you go. One of the fixes for that is a ground loop isolater. You can also try rerouting wires, or rechecking your grounds on the back of your radio or amp if you are running one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A ground loop isolater helps remove feedback from the system. Sometimes with cars you can get a high pitched whine that plays through your speakers and increases in volume the faster you go. One of the fixes for that is a ground loop isolater. You can also try rerouting wires, or rechecking your grounds on the back of your radio or amp if you are running one.[/b]
More specifically, the problem can occur when the two audio devices connected together are connected to different grounding points which can cause a current flow through the shield of the audio cable. The typical symptom is a buzz on the audio where the frequency is proportional to the engine speed.

If your Ipod is running off the internal battery, there can not be a ground loop. If it is powered off a cig lighter outlet which uses a different ground than the radio (typical), you can have the problem. Anything that connects with a dedicated connector (such as the AudioLink Ipod connector) will not need a GLI and, in fact, you will not be able to find one that would connect there. OTOH, if you are connecting by stereo phono plug or RCA plugs, you may need a GLI.

I hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts