Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I really liked having the RAM Mount on my motorcycle, and got one for my car, too. But I just couldn’t get it to stick to the dash reliably, especially in hot weather. I’d come back to the car to find it on the floor.

When I got an iPhone XR recently, I wanted a holder that would also charge the phone wirelessly. I ended up with the Anker PowerWave 7.5 with Air Vent Phone Holder, item B07D9FYBMJ on Amazon. It grips onto the right side of the vents above the center console on my Mazda6, and two little support arms help to stabilize it. It works absolutely great. The “newer model” they show for $10 more is the same thing but it includes a very nice high power cigarette lighter charger. I tucked the cable along the right side of the control panel and couldn’t be happier.
Ram mounts are over priced and not very well engineered vs the functionality. I use a regular holster and P clamp on my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't use your CD player much, the iOttie holder works very well. It clamps into the CD slot and is very sturdy.
I bought the same exact same thing fot my 2017 Mazda 6 Touring a/t, the iOttie that goes into the CD slot. Very tight and secure but sometimes gets in the way of the the shifter knob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You don't have to remove it, just rotate the the part that the phone connects to out of the way. It will swivel enough to clear the shifter. Just need to remember to swivel it out of the way before shifting into park. Better yet I just installed Android Auto / Carplay on a friends 2016 Mazda6 2 days ago. No mount needed for him.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You don't have to remove it, just rotate the the part that the phone connects to out of the way. It will swivel enough to clear the shifter. Just need to remember to swivel it out of the way before shifting into park. Better yet I just installed Android Auto / Carplay on a friends 2016 Mazda6 2 days ago. No mount needed for him.
I'm not sure as I might have a different CD holder. Anyways, I gave it to my younger brother a couple of years ago so I can't confirm if it can be done.

I'm no longer interested that much with Android Auto since I am likely to install an aftermarket head unit. That is, if I'll have the money.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts