Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track for the first time today and ran a 14.3 @95.5. Needless to say, I have some improving to do on my launch. Anyways, I wanna be able to shift later so I figure that I need to get a MBC. What are the majority of you guys using and what seems to work best for our cars. I have a catted dp on the way too, so when I figure out how to get a 60 foot time better than 2.095, I should be setting pretty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I think that I will buy a bov first after hearing some horror stories about stock recirc valves busting with MBC's.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Thanks guys, I think that I will buy a bov first after hearing some horror stories about stock recirc valves busting with MBC's.
[/b]
Once you take it off you'll know why you did :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
FYI: for some reason a couple of us can't get the thing to hold consistent boost to redline. I'm going to try an aftermarket BOV to see if that helps.
[/b]
I'm one that can't hold a consistent amount of boost, but I already have an SSQV.

Jason

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm one that can't hold a consistent amount of boost, but I already have an SSQV.

Jason
[/b]
Decided this will be my next mod, just like being able to remove it easily unlike an ebc for dealer trips.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would save the money and wait until Engine Management comes out. The EM will be able to control the boost utilizing the factory solonoid(sp?).

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Once you take it off you'll know why you did :)
[/b]
Meaning what exactly? Is there something other than sound I am missing?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would save the money and wait until Engine Management comes out. The EM will be able to control the boost utilizing the factory solonoid(sp?).
[/b]
Eh, its $15 for a MBC. I waste more in gas each week (look at my tail pipes).

Jason

·
Registered
101 Posts
[/b]
This is true but in most cars the factory selonoids cant take the upgraded boost and in the end you have to either change to an after market seloniod or a totally different boost controller. My favorite manual boost controller is the hallman Pro rx. They sell for around $115.00. We have had great luck with the hallmans on many high horsepower Evos, SRT-4's and Wrx's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts