Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of searching, I've seem to come up with a lot of useful information about exhaust but not the answer I'm looking for. I want to know what is the best performance exhaust you can get for the Speed 6. I love the sound of exhaust so being loud is not a problem, but I would not even consider a "RICER" sounding exhaust. So far my car only has Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake, Bone Engine Mount, and TWM Short Shifter. Please give me and suggestions or advise you can spare :yesnod:

In short:

Whats the best Performance gaining exhaust for the Mazdaspeed 6. (being loud will not bother me at all) :nana:

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I like the ETS sound the best.. deep growl. I had CP-E single exhaust and that sounded pretty cool. I now have a virtual exhaust. dumps to a 3" exhaust when over 10psi. :D and stock exhaust when not boosting!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Lol... uh.. no exhaust at all? Someone chime in on this. I don't know the balance of back-pressure and flow for best power under the curve.

But if best flowing = most performance than the CP-E single exhaust would be the way to go. It's not too loud and sounds pretty good. Youtube some sound videos of it.

I'll take videos of my exhaust one day. I wonder what happened to ATP VES (virtual exhaust system). I bought it used off another member on here.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
No, cpe's is not necessarily the best performing exhaust. An exhausts performance is based on its flow capabilities. There are two factors when considering this; inside diameter, and restrictions. The cpe exhaust system has an inside diameter of 2-7/8". The Corksport on the other hand is 80mm. You could literally fit the cpe piping inside of the corksport. As for restrictions, they both have similar shape and both have straight-thru mufflers, so I'd say they're equal in that regard. Now if you're talking about the cpe single exhaust with no mufflers, that might be a different story. It has alot less restrictions, but still has the same inside diameter. But with no mufflers, your car will sound like shit. Trust me, I've done it, loved it for a few weeks, then hated it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
QUOTE (2006 Mazdaspeed6 NJ @ Feb 9 2010, 03:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635768
............Whats the best Performance gaining exhaust for the Mazdaspeed 6. (being loud will not bother me at all) ....[/b]
For the Speed6, the ultimate performance exhaust is the Corksport 80mm duals...... YMMV

Oh, you will need a downpipe as well. You could go with a good test pipe to eliminate the second cat first and sell it later, but.....

·
Registered
663 Posts
If your really looking for a performance gain over everything else you should go with the CPE single outlet with just the resonators.

The thing that makes the CPE a bit "better" is that it most likely weighs less than both the corksport (used to have this exhaust) and the OEM exhaust (which I have now and would not trade for all the tea in China, which is where the corksport exhaust comes from).

Mandrel bent single 3 inch exhaust with the previously mentioned downpipe and or test pipe is the way to go. Oh, and some ear plugs....... and some sound deadening material......and some change for the center consol to here it vibrate with the rest of the car...... and uh......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all, been a lot of help. Any recommendations for a turbo-back exhaust. That would eliminate having to get a downpipe or testpipe right?

·
Registered
428 Posts
QUOTE (2006 Mazdaspeed6 NJ @ Feb 9 2010, 04:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635803
Thank you all, been a lot of help. Any recommendations for a turbo-back exhaust. That would eliminate having to get a downpipe or testpipe right?[/b]
A TBE includes the downpipe. A full downpipe includes the test pipe. Simply put - A TBE will get ya everything new from the turbo-back...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Personally I've got the CP-e Catless Downpipe and CP-e Single Exit Exhaust with no mufflers. I love it as far as performance. And yes it's loud as shit but I love the way it sounds. It just sucks when I'm driving home late at night when I'm tired/exhausted and on long distances. Performance tho, I'd say it's probably the best...but as Bova said, only by a few HP at most.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Throw a corksport shorty on that biatch and throw away the rest!!! HAHA!!! Then go deaf!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
vote for corksport...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Corksport ftw. There's no substitute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're not going to see drastic gains simply due to the way the ECU is programmed. I had an '04 3.0L V6 and put an Injen cat-back on it. After watching multiple video's and seeing a few in person this seemed to be the least Rice. It's got a pretty throaty sound to it as opposed to the poppy sound that others such as the Magnaflow produce. As others have stated, it's really more a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (2006 Mazdaspeed6 NJ @ Feb 9 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635768
After a lot of searching, I've seem to come up with a lot of useful information about exhaust but not the answer I'm looking for. I want to know what is the best performance exhaust you can get for the Speed 6. I love the sound of exhaust so being loud is not a problem, but I would not even consider a "RICER" sounding exhaust. So far my car only has Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake, Bone Engine Mount, and TWM Short Shifter. Please give me and suggestions or advise you can spare :yesnod:

In short:

Whats the best Performance gaining exhaust for the Mazdaspeed 6. (being loud will not bother me at all) :nana:

THANKS!!![/b]
I've had a Remus catback for two years and the sound is great with a Mazdaspeed CAI and Autoxec TMIC upgrade. Quality is as good as the stock unit since Remus is an OEM supplier to many European makes. It was expensive but I'm very satisfied. Remus has a website and the system is for thr Mazda MPS sedan :seeya:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
QUOTE (mdr1100r @ Feb 10 2010, 07:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636135
I've had a Remus catback for two years and the sound is great with a Mazdaspeed CAI and Autoxec TMIC upgrade. Quality is as good as the stock unit since Remus is an OEM supplier to many European makes. It was expensive but I'm very satisfied. Remus has a website and the system is for thr Mazda MPS sedan :seeya:[/b]
Wow, expensive tastes!

ANY VIDS?!?!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If i was going for Exhaust next then going for Cobb Access Port, is there any particular exhaust that will get the best results or as stated before will there only be a 2-3 hp difference even after the AP is programmed?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
QUOTE (SnakeEater900Supra @ Feb 10 2010, 05:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636105
You're not going to see drastic gains simply due to the way the ECU is programmed. I had an '04 3.0L V6 and put an Injen cat-back on it. After watching multiple video's and seeing a few in person this seemed to be the least Rice. It's got a pretty throaty sound to it as opposed to the poppy sound that others such as the Magnaflow produce. As others have stated, it's really more a matter of personal preference.[/b]
Wrong section. This is for the MS6. You don't see gains because your V6 catback isn't very restrictive on the stock or mildly modified V6.

QUOTE (mdr1100r @ Feb 10 2010, 07:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636135
I've had a Remus catback for two years and the sound is great with a Mazdaspeed CAI and Autoxec TMIC upgrade. Quality is as good as the stock unit since Remus is an OEM supplier to many European makes. It was expensive but I'm very satisfied. Remus has a website and the system is for thr Mazda MPS sedan :seeya:[/b]
Yeah how much did it cost?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts